New to the radio

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: New to the radio

LBR wrote:That's the one I've listened on the shortwave for twenty years.
I was just going to say that - even before we had internet, I listened to radio 4 (and World Service during the night) on shortwave all the time in Germany!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

Radio 4 and the world service have kept me sane for many a year, particularly in the last 3, when I have been up at all manner of ungodly hour dealing with my two beautiful daughters!

I can't tell you how many times I have began a sentence with "I heard on the radio today" I am forever living in the hope that intelligence is gained by osmosis and that I absorb all this intelligent stuff that I hear on the radio throughout the day and night! (I live in hope)

Milims

So I guess that Radio 4 is THE place to be!
What's Radio 7 like? Were do I find it?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

If it hadn't been for BBC World Service on the shortwave, I would have gone bonkers all those years in Germany. There was also a Christian station on the shortwave I listened to, quite a lot, Trans World Radio, I think it was.

Once in a while, I'd listen to VOA, but, it was mostly bizarre military propaganda--perhaps designed for non-native speakers in hostile regions of the world. Who knows....

Anyway, yea for the BBC.

Milims, the link that GreenAura posted will get you all of BBC on your computer. Just click around and take a look.

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

Radio 7 is a digital station, so your new radio needs to be DAB to pick it up. Or you can always listen through your pooter or digital box on your telly.