101 hot meals to prepare in less than five minutes

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: 101 hot meals to prepare in less than five minutes

Toast some bread while mixing chopped mushrooms with egg, cheese and chives, put on the other side of the bread then grill until bubbling, yummy!

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Noodles - not the potted variety but real noodles. Boil up for about 3 minutes with any combination of frozen peas, soya beans, sweetcorn, fresh mushrooms, ham (or any cooked meat), some stock if you have it, grated cheese.

You can do the same with cous cous.

Cous cous is nice with fruit as well. Chop in an apple, a pear or some dried fruit while it's soaking and then add some yogurt. Great hot breakfast.

Beans on toast - chop in a cooked sausage if you have it.

Cheese on toast, spread some marmite or chutney under the cheese.

Quorn products cook remarkably quickly if you like them. There was a thread on it somewhere.

Zoe

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Has anyone mentioned fried eggs? (or poached, boiled..)I fry onions, tomatoes, whatever with them, and when I have some bread going a bit hard I break into cubes & fry those up too, and add some chilli tomato sauce.

Beans on toast..

Left overs reheated or cold...

Rosendula

I may have mis-counted, but I think we're up to 25, so

25. Melt some butter in a frying pan, put in left-over mashed potato (or instant mash if you must). Fry for a couple of minutes then turn it over. Place slices of cheese on top to melt while you're frying the other side. If you want to turn it over again you can - this will make the cheese go crispy which is really unbelievably gorgeous. Eat as is, or in a sandwich. I like it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

OK, I'm not numbering this next one 'cos it uses a microwave, but I really wanted to share the idea. Take a large mushroom and wipe it clean. Place it cap side down and cut with a knife into sort-of-slices - don't cut all the way through, so it's sliced, but still held together. Put it in a microwaveable bowl, sprinkle on ground garlic if you wish, pour on a beaten egg, and microwave it for a minute or so until the egg's set. Yummy!
Rosey xx

sleepyowl

barbecue chicken pieces, chopped mango, chopped peppers, chopped cherry tomatoes, chilli sauce & sour cream, put in a tortilla mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mix cinnamon, butter & sugar in a bowl toast bread on one side spread the misture on the other side & place under the grill untill it caramelizes, serve with berries & clotted cream even bigger mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

chop a spring onion, beat an egg ad frozen peas & fry in oil, add left over rice & add soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, sesame oil & black pepper, good fried rice
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

pumpy

Bubble & squeak, from yesterdays leftovers, with loads of additional garlic!
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

hedgewitch

30. Sandwiches!!
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

Sally Jane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

31. My younger sister used to live on instant mashed potatoes and one of her quickie meals was to make up a quantity of mash, then put it into an empty (clean!) Fray Bentos-type pie tin. She made a well in the middle and broke an egg into it, and sprinkled the lot with grated cheese. She then used to whack the whole thing under the grill until the egg had set and the cheese had. melted. I doubt whether it took more than 5mins.

32. One of our favourite treats was cinnamon toast - great if you have a sweet tooth. Toast bread one one side, and just lightly brown the other. Or half-toast it in the toaster. Then butter it and sprinkle with sugar (preferably brown, but white will do just as well) and powdered cinnamon. Be quite generous if you can, but if you are skint its ok to be a bit more restrained.... Pop it under the grill for a couple of minutes. The sugar partly melts, and it's just yummy!