selfsufficientish meet up

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
glenniedragon
A selfsufficientish Regular

SS meetup

I was amazed to discover how much they charged for the big Green gathering :cry: How can they justify a family of four costing over £200! and we're local to it so we don't have the accomodation or transport worries....Outrageous! the only gathering is the green spondoolies (cash).
Is there anyone on the site with a meadow or some such expanse where we could meet up there and 'rough it'?

kind thoughts
Deb

Shirley

well... we've got a fairly big bit of land but not acres,,, but we are way up in the north east of scotland... so what you would save on the swings you would lose on the roundabouts.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps we could see about getting in for free as an organisation for some events??
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

gunners71uk

so what is the concensus let us know when you wanna meet up
andy if you got any promo events planned let me know i try give you hand
if i can make it ,and somewhere to crash.

ina

Andy Hamilton wrote:Perhaps we could see about getting in for free as an organisation for some events??
I've got the feeling that they wouldn't let too many of us in for free... Otherwise we'd have dozens of folk joining up just before the event!

Any idea yet what events are on this year?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Shirley

Ina

I think you are right.. but they may offer discounted tickets.

When we did a stand for CLAPA at the Herefordshire show we were allowed four people free.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shirlz2005 wrote:Ina

I think you are right.. but they may offer discounted tickets.

When we did a stand for CLAPA at the Herefordshire show we were allowed four people free.
good point if there are loads of us, what we could do is if we gt say 4 free tickets and 8 want to come then we all pay half price.
and...... Twitter

Shirley

Andy

I think that sounds good - BUT - only discounted if willing to stand on the stall and tout for new members rather than being discounted for sitting and swigging beer lol...

Of course it depends on what you have planned...
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Shirley

http://www.daisychainlive.co.uk/

BETTER EVENTS NATURALLY

A family firm based in Herefordshire look to promote greener thinking within the events industry, one of the most wasteful areas of the leisure industry, their ethos being to produce quality events whilst actively seeking to reduce the environmental cost; creating better events naturally.

This philosophy is put into practice for all of the events Organic Events involves itself with. Sanna Evetts, founding partner of Organic Events and Event Director for Daisychain Live said “In all my years in events, I look around and see waste: refuse, energy inefficiency, cars with one passenger and everything disposable.

I have become determined to do what can be feasibly done to improve the environmental disaster that most events are and encourage venues to provide greener solutions to everyday issues.

2006 sees Organic Events grasp the nettle and present their flagship show Daisychain Live, bringing a brand new green experience to the UK. An annual indoor public showcase filled with traders, government bodies and community organisations from all areas exhibiting environmentally friendly solutions.

Designed to connect people to green businesses, whilst promoting awareness of environmental issues and initiatives Daisychain Live is 2 days of shopping, information gathering and meeting like-minded people, all you need for going or being greener for yourself, your family and your home, inside and out.

Nestling beneath the Malvern Hills, in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Midlands, the Three Counties Showground is where we have chosen to host this event.

The picturesque setting belies its proximity to road and rail links from all points of the compass – only 20 minutes drive from the M5/M50 motorways, and a 5 minute bus ride from Great Malvern station, which in order to encourage people to travel to the show by public transport we are providing a free connecting bus from the station to the showground as well as a £1 off entrance to the show voucher for bus users.

We are in discussion with waste management firms to reduce and recycle waste generated and also with local caterers to ensure food traceability and reduce food miles and much more, all this and still providing a great day out.

For more information contact: Sanna & Paul Evetts ask@daisychainlive.co.uk or 01885 488168.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

glenniedragon

Looks good!

That looks great Shirlz! what with the daisy link and all definately a place to wear my newly acquired T shirt. I think I'll toodle along to that- also a good excuse to revisit Midland based family and friends at the same time.

Kind thoughts
Deb

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds good, shall I contact them and see if we could have a stall there or something?
and...... Twitter

gunners71uk

yeah i like the look of it dunno if i could make it but if i am available find somewhere to crah fri sat night go home sun am.
anyone live nr by can put me up if needed pls(not definite yet)
:andy: (if i am available i could help andy)

Shirley

Well Andy

I think that would be a great idea.

I don't know whether I'll be able to go though - skint and miles away. WHY did this have to happen after I moved from Herefordshire lol.....typical. Have found LOADS of interesting things to do in Herefordshire and Wales since we moved... likewise with Bath and Bristol... oh, and EVEN manchester.

Sods law I guess.

Let us know how it goes and I'll see whether we can make it down.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

ina

I wouldn't be able to make that one, either... Visitor coming.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

probally easier for me a bit later in the year too if I am honest. Are we anywhere close to finding a suitable place yet?
and...... Twitter