An Auction to raise dosh??

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

An Auction to raise dosh??

On another site that I post on there is a fortnightly auction.

Rather basic - the people on the forum offer something for auction (my latest purchase from the auctions over there were a green gardening book and an address book) and generally offer to pay the postage too (although this could be paid by the bidder on heavier items). The bidding then starts at a minimum price for each item - suggested by the person offering the item, and the bidding starts. All the proceeds go to the running of the website (unless the person making the offer wants a percentage to go elsewhere) and it's great fun at the same time. The payments are sent to the boss of the other site, so in this case it would be you Andy - and then the auctioneer (volunteer) tells the person who is offering the 'lot' that it is ok to post it off. I've bought rhubarb, a dvd and the above books so far.

Oh, and they approach businesses for donations - the rhubarb was donated by a company that sells plants.

Would this be something that we could do here Andy? I can send you the link to the other site so you can see it in action if you like. It does work well over there.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

glenniedragon

great idea!

Hey I'd be up for that! what a great idea, it would mean alot of extra work for Mr H, maybe a dedicated moderator would be the way? just a suggestion, but I'm sure it would be a success

kind thoughts
Deb

gunners71uk

how much do i hear for my gardening socks never washed in a long time lol

Shirley

lol gunners - will probs pay you to keep them!!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep all sounds good, I like the sound of it. Want to give me the link?

Not sure if I will be bidding for gunners gardening socks though

:wink:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

gunners71uk wrote:how much do i hear for my gardening socks never washed in a long time lol
As a pesticide they would be brutally effective, but how could you guarantee they would be used for good........................not evil!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/