Menopause!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Menopause!

Any of you Ish ladies old enough to be facing the onset of this or have already done through it? As I seem to be starting the pre-menopause :roll: I thought it would be good to be able to chat with others who are facing the same thing or have experience to pass on to us 'newbies'.

I know most of you are young but there must be some late(ish) 40-somethings out there. :lol:

Anyway I started getting my periods at 2 week intervals in october although they seem to be more regular again now - but it seems to have set me off getting ruddy spots and pimples - not all the time as they seem to come for a few weeks then go again (so I'm starting to keep a note of dates now) but I can't find anything in any literature which says you can get zits with it. I asked my doctor who just said you don't look spotty (I was covered in foundation to hide the blotches) :roll: but it's really depressing! If my hormones are starting to go wonky it seems to me that spots would be quite a natural thing to happen, wouldn't it? :dontknow: My skin which is normally dry anyway is ultra dry at the moment.

Aaarrrggggh I'm turning into an old lady! :protest: :sad2: :sad1: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Menopause!

Millymollymandy wrote:Aaarrrggggh I'm turning into an old lady! :protest: :sad2: :sad1: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
That's OK, don't worry about it, there are at least three old men on here to keep you company :salute: :lol: :mrgreen:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Millymollymandy

Thanks a bunch Tony! :roll: That'll be you, Oldfella and who else? :lol:

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:Thanks a bunch Tony! :roll: That'll be you, Oldfella and who else? :lol:
OK, maybe only two, but I'm sure we both have the enthusiasm for more than just our number. :sunny:
Tony

Milims

Aww 3M :hugish: I thought that I might be heading that way a wee while ago - but it turns out I'm just a psycho nutter loony b**ch from h*ll!! Anyway I did find a rather nice site with a forum where you could ask lots of questions and have lots of support. I think its http://www.power-surge.com. Good luck and hugs

PS In the meantime have a giggle with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re7yWdK0 ... re=related
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

aaarrggh, sorry Milims that's my eyes trying to adjust to having read a site which is white writing on a dark screen then back here which is the opposite. I do wish people wouldn't set up sites like that cos it is hell on the eyes!

Anyway I see dry skin, acne and other skin eruptions as well as increase in allergies under a great long list of symptoms. :roll: Oh lovely! Irritability and grumpiness etc I've had all my life so no big deal there. :lol: Thanks for the link and it's good to know that the skin problems are a part of it, rather than something completely different (if that makes sense!).

Millymollymandy

As an aside, how come we never get any blokes nosing in when we've talking about mooncups and periods, yet they're straight in when you say menopause? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Shall we set up a ladies only area? :lol:

invisiblepiper

Haha - wondered that too!
Youtube is hilarious - thankyou Milims!

I SAVED MY YOUTH - I'M GONNA MISSPEND MY MIDDLE AGE :lol:
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:As an aside, how come we never get any blokes nosing in when we've talking about mooncups and periods, yet they're straight in when you say menopause? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Shall we set up a ladies only area? :lol:
I'm sorry if I intruded, I just thought you needed cheering up :flower:

Of course men also go through a type of menopause too you know, but we don't make so much fuss ... cos we are MEN. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have on occasion visited those other threads but can honestly say that I couldn't make any relevant comments, so kept quiet.
Tony

JulieSherris

Ha, how big do you want that spade, Tony?

MMM - just about everything goes in the run up to the big M - whatever happened at puberty can happen right about now... oh, deep joy!! Plus you have the added benefits of looking forwards to a deeper voice, chin whiskers, hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats and the small fortune spent on appropriate lubrications for those more personal times with your other half...... fun being a woman, huh? :mrgreen:

That said, I'm 48 & not quite there yet, but not too long me hopes - I keep seeing the menopause testing kits in Lidl, but I know if mine registered as negative, I'd be really moody! :lol:

The best advice I was ever given a few years ago by someone who'd just gone through it was that every time you get the chance, indulge yourself - hot bath with ambience, curling up with a good book & warm fire, you know, the 'feelgood moments'....

And fingers crossed that it will pass quietly & without too much fuss or too many problems.
:hugish:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Millymollymandy

Odsox wrote:Of course men also go through a type of menopause too you know,
Ha, yeah I think that's when you dump your wife and run off with a younger model..... :angryfire:

Only joking Tony!

And Julie - deep voice eh - oh joy! Add hair loss and thinning to the whiskers and basically we're gonna turn into blokes! :mrgreen:

JulieSherris

Millymollymandy wrote: And Julie - deep voice eh - oh joy! Add hair loss and thinning to the whiskers and basically we're gonna turn into blokes! :mrgreen:
But everyone knows that men are just watered down versions of the more favoured sex anyway, MMM :wink:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

JulieSherris wrote:Plus you have the added benefits.... chin whiskers, hot flushes, mood swings
What if these already exists BEFORE the big M :shock:
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Millymollymandy

Speaking about yourself, TGE? :lol: