Anyone else see Monty Hall

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
rockchick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Anyone else see Monty Hall

Randomly flicked on tv last night to find Monty Halls Great Escape which I thoroughly enjoyed. I've never heard of him before but he's basically moved to the west coast of Scotland to live on a traditional croft - or at least thats what was going as far as I could work out. Obviously it was episode 4 of 5 and I missed the intro so not quite sure what the whole story is, but I may try and catch up on iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j2nt6

rockchick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Anyone else see Monty Hall

although apparently not everyone is as impressed... :?
http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l ... t=0&page=1

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I heard him talk on the radio about it last week and was curious and watched the first episode on the iplayer.... or I should say... I watched the first 15 mins.

It was not for me.

I didn't like the way he continued to mention that he wanted to be a 'crofter'.... No... he wanted to go on a 6 month holiday, and play at houses for a while.

I spent a lot of my youth on and around the west coast and I think he really didn't capture the essence of what life is about 'out there'. To the point of his comments being... well not quite 'offensive' but condesending and/or naive... not sure which now.

But yeah, you should be able to catch it on the Iplayer

I'll go and read that article now.

:brave: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Yup - sheer escapism and ideal for Sunday night TV when you know you have work next day! :( All made to look like its a dawdle living in an idylic location with not a care in the world. A very difficult life though if you are not funded by the BBC and you really have to make ends meet. Would like to see him do the winter in that shed :shock:

I would love to do the same but maybe in rural Portugal where it is just a tad warmer.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Purdy Bear
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I loved this programme. It should have been retitled the Reuben Halls show. The dog made it, he was gorgious as well as his owner.

rockchick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I still haven't managed to catch up with the earlier episodes, I only got through half of no.1 on iplayer. Managed to catch the last episode though. Was quite pleased to see him crediting the locals for all the help he received. Would have been better if someone who completely submerged themself in the lifestyle but maybe they wouldn't have made such a good presenter.

Jinwin
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Purdy Bear wrote:I loved this programme. It should have been retitled the Reuben Halls show. The dog made it, he was gorgious as well as his owner.
Definitely! The dog and the beautiful scenery were the best bits. He said he wanted to be a 21st century beachcombing but I don't think I ever saw him actually doing any beachcombing.... Although, to be fair, I just saw two or three episodes.