I bet you wont put that Andy on the Radio

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I bet you wont put that Andy on the Radio

This morning I got up and jumped on the train bound for Bristol to do a radio show for ujima radio - http://www.ceed.co.uk/ a community radio station in the inner city. Was really cool, I tried to get the message across that people should start thinking about growing there own food to eat organically and cook more ect. So lets hope I have influenced someone to be a bit more self sufficient (ish) :andy:

I have asked them for a copy of the interview, if I can get one I shall see about putting a link to it on here and on the front page so that you can all hear my dulcet tones. :roll:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Chickenlady
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Fame at last! Were you nervous? I was interviewed once on BBC Radio Essex about recycling. Sadly, I lost the power of speech and most of the interview was incoherent babble! Luckily it was pre-recorded, and by the time it was edited I sounded a bit more intelligent.

I am sure you did better than that!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was nervous until I started talking then I was fine. Just felt like having a chat with someone, which it was I supose. At one point I thought there couuld be thousands listening to this but it seemed to sureal to be true so I managed to dismiss it.

I did however get a bit nervous when she asked me to spell out the web address and spelt it wrong! :oops: But in all I really enjoyed the whole experience.
and...... Twitter

diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

I bet other radio stations would be interested, especially if it was at a time of debate over, eg kyoto, or something kike the recent sudan1 scare...anyway well done you!

angelbabe
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

radio ga ga

Hi Andy
glad the interview went well- was it with Amanda? (sorry i forgot to tune in!! :oops: ) she has such a talent at ad libbing!

i did mine on the 2nd- it was pretty nerve racking but once we got going it was fine :wink:

not sure how many people may have tuned out though- it was a bit 'womans hour-ish' talking about PMT and the environmental impact of tampons and pads!! he he!! but like you say- if it makes a bit of a difference then its worth it!

lots of love and hugs too all here :cheers:
I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: radio ga ga

angelbabe wrote:Hi Andy
glad the interview went well- was it with Amanda? (sorry i forgot to tune in!! :oops: ) she has such a talent at ad libbing!

i did mine on the 2nd- it was pretty nerve racking but once we got going it was fine :wink:

not sure how many people may have tuned out though- it was a bit 'womans hour-ish' talking about PMT and the environmental impact of tampons and pads!! he he!! but like you say- if it makes a bit of a difference then its worth it!

lots of love and hugs too all here :cheers:
Yep it was Amanda and we had a pretty good laugh together. Hard to say how many tuned in although we had more hits than we have had since the TV mentioned us.
and...... Twitter