Alternatives to the Mooncup? (a women only thread i guess!)

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Alternatives to the Mooncup? (a women only thread i guess!)

Gosh, that sounds nasty, Annpan :hugish: Mine hurt a little when I got it in cock-eyed :shock: but once it was in straight it didn't, even though it was leaking a bit. I think it's worth another try one day when you're feeling brave, but I have read that some people don't get on with them. Perhaps try with lubricants, as other people have suggested.

It says in the booklet that you shouldn't share one with another woman so I guess they think buying second hand isn't a good idea - but then again, that would mean one less sale for them wouldn't it? You could try advertising it, and if someone wants to buy it, it's up to them. But if it doesn't sell, you still have to pay the advertising fees and will lose out. If you're thinking eBay, I'd wait until they have a free listing day.
Rosey xx

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I might try again, and would also quite like to try with the smaller size but these things ain't cheap :roll:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shutsumon
Tom Good
Tom Good

I've never tried one of these and I'm reluctant to try.

Not because I think they're icky or anything. It's just that I'm one of those women who can't wear tampons and who climbs up the wall screaming during her smear test (I wish that was a joke or exagerration). I have a horrible feeling I'd be paying out for something I couldn't use.

The sponges look interesting though. Being soft and squishy I might be able to get them in.

greenfingers
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

i bought one at the weekend, and am now quietly trying to syche myself up to having a go with it. i did a lot of resurch before bying it and think its a realy good option for me (im not squeamishabout that kind of thing)...it just looks much bigger when im holding it.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

It's a shame you can't pass them on, as I don't seem to need mine any more :cheers: :lol:

Maybe we should start a thread 101 uses for a redundant mooncup - I'm sure the chaps could come up with some interesting ideas :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Jinwin

Hurray! I finally managed to get mine in using lubricant and the 'origami' fold, which I found on this site. Tried the punch-down fold but I couldn't get that to pop out.

However... VERY scary five minutes trying to get it out because after walking round triumphantly for a few minutes with it in, I discovered it had migrated north. I only left about 1cm stem on after reading other people's experiences but maybe that's not enough for me. After several harrowing minutes picturing a very embarrassing trip to A&E, I got it out.

Needless to say, I'm a little apprehensive about trying it again but I'm hoping it's just a 'you have to get the knack of it' thing so I'll give it another bash later on. Still very happy I got it in at all! :thumbleft:

Rosendula

Yay! Congratulations on your first successful Mooncup insertion! :lol:
Jinwin wrote:However... VERY scary five minutes trying to get it out because after walking round triumphantly for a few minutes with it in, I discovered it had migrated north. I only left about 1cm stem on after reading other people's experiences but maybe that's not enough for me. After several harrowing minutes picturing a very embarrassing trip to A&E, I got it out.
I had a similar experience and got it out by squatting down and pushing like I was giving birth. Sorry about the yuk-factor here, but it worked.
Rosey xx

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think we passed the yuk factor some time ago :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

JulieSherris

I have to say that I've got no stem on mine at all.....

I tend to push mine downwards during wear, so the stem can 'dig' a touch, so I cut mine off.
When I take mine out, I just grab the bottom of it squeeze ever so lightly & pull.... ok, I may not have had the confidence to do it this way when I first got it & used it, but it's like an old mate now, & gets slung in & out without even a thought nowadays!! :cheers:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Jinwin

Thanks Rosendula! :flower:

Period's in a couple of days so I will be using it "for real" then!

cathode
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I just use some red silk scarves, they mould to the body and are suprisingly absorbant. Occasionally have to disappear to do a bit of discreet adjusting, but not often. I wear them to work and everything now. Bonus - soak them in cold water for an hour or two and you have the best plant food EVER especially for tomatoes, they grow like rockets on the stuff! Full of minerals etc. (Hope no guys in, they'll be euchhed out!). Then they go in my normal wash. I'm very fond of them! Also don't rub tender creases - I found all the home-made pads did.

It's a very witchy thing to do, very powerful. Moon magic!
if we all work together we can totally disrupt the system

eccles
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Well what can i say? i stumbled across this and ive read through your posts and clicked on the links and now im sat here wondering which planet ive been on ive never heard of moon cups or such like Hmmmmmmm just been diagnosed as at the beginning of my menopause too so maybe too late for me but i have two daughters so will pass it on .

Broad Bean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Bought a mooncup a couple of years ago - was too scared to use it for about 6 months but when I did I was very impressed. Can't tell it's in and it's dead easy to position. Found it difficult to remove the first few times but have since found that my muscles contract (or whatever) if I'm putting weight though my feet (I half standing) and it's stuck there. If I'm sat on the loo then it comes out a treat, don't use the stem, can't get grip but if you pinch the bottom of the cup to break the seal (as somebody described above) then it's no problem.

By the way, can't believe that I join a forum and the first post I make is on this subject!

Millymollymandy

:lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome Broad Bean!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

greenfingers

im a total convert to the moon cup. it super comfy (am still trying to get the best posistion for it so its leaking a little, but nothing major)