How do I Treat My Apple Tree?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
mattphillips78
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

How do I Treat My Apple Tree?

Hi, We cleared our alloment site last year and managed to save 2 large apple trees and opened them up from their bramble prison. Last year we had more apples than we knew what to do with. We were excited about how they now have pride of place that we will get larger and more apples. However, all the leaves have wilted and from what I gather, it has been attacked by white powdery mildew. Is there anything anyone has one has experienced with this and how did you overcome it? Do you think we should write off this years crop? Thank you so much for your help, Matthew Phillip
The Rat Race couldn't be further away, working the soil in tune with nature

lilypotter
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: How do I Treat My Apple Tree?

Cutting off whitened areas will remove the fungus. Affected leaves or flowers may be small, pale. Infected flowers are not fertile.
So you will not get any yield from them. You can get rid of them. be careful in checking your trees from time to time

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: How do I Treat My Apple Tree?

Strange, I already replied to this thread but found the OP has posted it twice. And hasn't come back to see the reply.
http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... 31#p156431
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/