"THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

My 2 year old has cellulite in her bum :lol: .... and she is a skinny wee thing.... I think it is just a natural thing that we all have isn't it?

Well done on the bike... I did the 3 miles to and 3 miles back from toddlers this morning... phew. It was very windy though and I must have walked for at least 1.5 miles. As you say I have the buzz just now but my legs are like jelly so I can't actually do much :?
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Everyone else seems to have disappeared, how are you guys all doing?

I lost what I wanted to and my pre-preggers jeans fitted me comfortablyweek before last, without having to dislocate anything to get them on :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Then I got terrible diarrhea and didn't eat for 3 days... then I found glass in my 'get better' soup. :pale:

I'll tell you there is nothing like it for loosing weight quickly :pale:

So now... I have 1 pair of jeans that fit me (my pre-preggers jeans) and everything else is too big. I am now about a 12 and most of my clothes are 14 or 16... fitted jeans 2 sizes too big just look terrible :roll:

So yipee!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I have lost the weight, but now what do I wear :scratch: ... except for skirts, which are a bit girly for me and not very practicle.

I might have some more clothes stashed somewhere, as I never throw anything out.... but where?.... and I will probably find them too funky (as they are from a previous life working at a high street fashion store :geek: )
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Jinwin
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Well done on fitting into your jeans again Annpan! :cheers:

Can't think of any suggestions on the clothes front :scratch: If I had jeans a couple sizes too big, I'd probably make them into a long jeans skirt but that's no good if you don't wear skirts... You could have a play around with your old 'funky' clothes, see if you can make them into something errr... less funky. I'm sure you're aware of the site already but Craftster is always full of good ideas for reconstructed clothing.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I thought I'd update you all on my progress.

I can't remember what my original intentions were, but recent events have redoubled my efforts!

So we've stopped smoking (again - four weeks thus far but seems to be going well).

We invested in a Wii - I have to say I'm really impressed. Exercise has always been our downfall. Since we got it (secondhand from a friend's mother) we've following a fitness regime set by it - for about five weeks now. I'm feeling tons fitter and because it's slightly different every day it keeps me interested (I bore easily especially with exercise :roll: ).

Funnily enough, since we've started taking care of ourselves with the above we've also started to eat less. Our diet has always been pretty healthy, but portion sizes too big, and definitely too meat heavy. We've cut down on portions and eating a lot less meat and cheese.

The thing is this hasn't been planned - I figured that stopping smoking and starting exercising would be enough to start and I'd planned to revise what we ate slowly and in stages (I think that should read "by stealth" so OH wouldn't notice :lol: :lol: :lol: ). But it seems to be happening anyway. Weird, huh?

Anyone else having some success?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Looked back on this thread and I wrote this back in March:
Millymollymandy wrote:Can't actually SEE any muscles yet but they must be developing. They must! :lol:
I'm still waiting. :(

Trouble is I'm so busy with all the gardening and watering and harvesting and doing stuff with it all that I haven't got much time during the summer months, plus it's rather too hot for much cycling in the room where the bike is. :roll:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

Green Aura wrote:I thought I'd update you all on my progress.

I can't remember what my original intentions were, but recent events have redoubled my efforts!

So we've stopped smoking (again - four weeks thus far but seems to be going well).

We invested in a Wii - I have to say I'm really impressed. Exercise has always been our downfall. Since we got it (secondhand from a friend's mother) we've following a fitness regime set by it - for about five weeks now. I'm feeling tons fitter and because it's slightly different every day it keeps me interested (I bore easily especially with exercise :roll: ).

Funnily enough, since we've started taking care of ourselves with the above we've also started to eat less. Our diet has always been pretty healthy, but portion sizes too big, and definitely too meat heavy. We've cut down on portions and eating a lot less meat and cheese.

The thing is this hasn't been planned - I figured that stopping smoking and starting exercising would be enough to start and I'd planned to revise what we ate slowly and in stages (I think that should read "by stealth" so OH wouldn't notice :lol: :lol: :lol: ). But it seems to be happening anyway. Weird, huh?

Anyone else having some success?
Well done Maggie! :cheers:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks MMM - long way to go.
Trouble is I'm so busy with all the gardening and watering and harvesting and doing stuff with it all that I haven't got much time during the summer months, plus it's rather too hot for much cycling in the room where the bike is. :roll:
With all that activity MMM I don't think you need to worry about cycling :lol:
Maggie

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

My jeans are feeling tighter again :( But I was pretty poorly for around 6 weeks and not doing much (shingles) I am on the mend now but it is Birthday season here which means cakes and treats galore - I think I'll squeeze in a 5 week 'milk chocolate chip cookie diet' in between LOs Bday and mine. which should take me back down again before the Christmas binge starts.

I am still slimmer than I have been since I got preggers though and the old clothes do still fit me... just...
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

Green Aura wrote:Thanks MMM - long way to go.
With all that activity MMM I don't think you need to worry about cycling :lol:
Yeah but, how many calories does one burn off making chutney and jam? :mrgreen: Actually losing weight is not on my agenda, it's getting fit and getting muscle tone which I do seem to have in abundance on my arms - that's probably from the gardening and carrying trugs with 14 cucumbers back down hill to the house (like this morning) and all those watering cans full I have to lug around every day!

ina

I can tell you - doing three jobs at once (well, one full time, two part) is doing wonders for my weight - but I wish I wouldn't always feel so knackered at the end of the day! Should think that I'd get fitter with all this running about etc, but so far not significantly. :(
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Big Al

For my update I was 142 kg on Jan 1st and yesterday 24th I was 120kg so that it 22kg in 7.5months or in english 3 stone 61/2 pounds lost.... now for the next 40 kg !!!
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done - a shadow of your former self :lol:
Maggie

Millymollymandy

Well done, Not-So-Big Al! :cheers:

Big Al

Thank you so much for the congrats.

Because our surgery is pro active and I mean AGRESSIVLY PRO ACTIVE in preventetive medicine [and they get paid more for each patient] they test everyone over 40 for heart disease by doing blood tests for the likes of cholesterol, sugar, liver function and all that then they put the figures into the computer and it tells you a %age of risk for heart disease and I was in the surgery picking up a script and got the receptionist to tell me the glucose and cholesterol figs. I won't publish them here but to say I am as happy as a pig in shit may give you a sense of the good effect on losing the weight...
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Millymollymandy

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: Is losing weight helping your back problems too (I don't know if they are related)?