101 selfsufficientish books....

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Magpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Wulf, is that the one where they try to save all the classic books in the world?

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: 101 selfsufficientish books....

Travel Vans by John Speed

Fantastic practical book on fitting out a van or lorry to live in. I used a lot of the information in this book to build the motorhome we lived in for 8 years.

Do it yourself 12 volt solar power by Michel Daniek

This is one of my favourite books on the subject. It not only tells you how to go about building a solar power system but also how to convert virtually every electrical item in your house to run on 12 volts including the washing machine and even welding equipment.

The most ingenious bit of the book is his DIY sun tracking solar panels

The man is a genius

The concise book of organic growing and small livestock by Meike & David Watkins

I have had this book a long time. I got it from CAT about 12 years ago and it is great. Very simple and as the tile says, concise.

Covers organic veg growing plus Chickens, ducks, geese, quail, bees, sheep, rabbits and goats

Very good

more later

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

spitfire
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 38.579065
longitude: -121.491014

Re: 101 selfsufficientish books....

"self-sufficenty on 5 acres or less" i cant remember the author, i bought the book about 10years ago and it was the best book i have read on true self-sufficenty, I made the stupid mistake of lending it to a so called friend, who moved and took the book with her :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: if anyone has heard of it or know where i can get a copy as it is probably out of print please let me know as i have looked for it to no avail :banghead:
WHEN MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING I'M USUALLY UP TO SOMETHING!!!
NEVER REGRET THAT WHICH ONCE MADE YOU SMILE.