Best babycare creams

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
mrsmiggins
Tom Good
Tom Good

Best babycare creams

I'd love some tips on good creams for babies (for the usual rashes, etc), and for mums (sore boobs!) if anyone as any? Any tips on alternatives to shop bought remedies also gratefully received :flower:

herbalholly
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Best babycare creams

Do you want to make these creams or buy them?

Kind wishes
Holly

mrsmiggins
Tom Good
Tom Good

herbalholly wrote:Do you want to make these creams or buy them?

Kind wishes
Holly
Either really! It'd be nice to be able to make my own :toothy4:

grubbysoles
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I found Lansinoh a life-saver for sore boobs. With bum cream, I just buy supermarket own brands, but I would recommend washing your baby's bot with warm water with a squeeze of Dr Bronners liquid castille soap in it. Stay away from wet wipes - full of chemical baddies. The Dr Bronners is just a bunch of organic oils, it's vegan (if you care about the l'il animals!) and generally a skin saver. My baby has NEVER had nappy rash, other than when she was teething last week, and I always rave on to anyone who'll listen about the Dr Bronners!
:iconbiggrin:

citizentwiglet
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Yep, I totally agree about the wipes - full of chemicals AND very stingy on sore bottoms. I made my own wipes by cutting down a couple of fleece crib blankets (you know, the ones that are too small for anything after about a month!), you don't even need to hem them. I soak them in hot water with a chamomile teabag, then wring them out and store them in an old ice-cream tub. When we're out and about, I pop a few in one of those little plastic microwaveable tubs you get from Chinese takeaways and the like. As we use reusable nappies it's so much easier to just pop everything in the wet-bag / nappy pail rather than have to rummage around a toxic nappy retreiving the wipes then disposing of them....

For nappy rash - egg white. Smear it on, leave it to dry, and Robert's your mother's brother. Failing that, I found Vasogen the best over-the-counter stuff, it seems to work much faster than Sudocrem. For serious soreness, such as can happen with teething, I really do swear by Metanium, but I'm not sure whether that is only available on prescription (your HV can sort that).

For sore boobs, I was always told that breastmilk was the best thing for it.....but I used Lahnsinoh (or whatever it's called!)......
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Urban Ayisha
Living the good life
Living the good life

bums=sudocrem (or if u want to spoil yourself and baby burts bees do a really nice one in a tube, bit more natural too)
boobs=lansinoh

i did make a nappy cream with calendula when baby was born but the only thing with homemade creams in my experience is that they need to be kept in the fridge which isnt always practical.