Recycling Ideas ?

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Recycling Ideas ?

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL an update for 2010, I've just put some more photos onto my website showing a few more different ways to reuse, recycle, milk containers, and bottles to grow your own in, to help become selfsufficient, grow organically, recycle water, and enjoy the Horticultural therapy of having fun just like school children do in our communities. We ALL know Growing food to eat in some countries when you are poor, and in a drought or flood situation is bad enough, but to stand back and do nothing to help when you can is not me, I'm just like lots of other people who do try to do their bit in our own ways. I'm not trying to tell the world I can grow things better than anyone else, I'm just trying to tell the people who do happen to have a water shortage my system can help to grow things in on a small or a large scale if it help to feed people, and help to save lives at the same time, just like a plastic bag can do the same thing because it's a container, but what we choose to use it for is up to us ALL, even though it cost next to nothing to make it can be made to serve another perpose instead of going to landfill sites.
With this in mind may you and yours and what you grow live long and HAPPY, a may I wish you ALL a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 too, all the very best. John :icon_smile:
JRP recycling. also linked to http://www.technologyforthepoor.com in the USA, To see what I've been up to please visit my website http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com .Thank YOU. :mrgreen:
Last edited by john on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and just to let you know I'm now on YOU TUBE under the title 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening, done with the help of my Wife and our two youngest grandsons who help to make my New Year 2010 start off in a very HAPPY way for me, which I thought I would share with you if it helps to spread the word about something that works, and cost next to nothing to make. If you would like to know more about the way I do things please visit my website. Thank You. John JRP recycling. http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com also linked to http://www.technologyforthepoor.com in the USA.
Last edited by john on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: Hi ALL, please Google. Patrick Harry in MALAWI (Desertification) thank you. John. http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com and http://www.technologyforthepoor.com , may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL an update for all those people who are really interested in Reusing Recycling and Reducing some of our waste going to landfill sites in the uk, and the rest of the world.
And it's an update for all those people who are interested in growing things to in the uk and in the rest of the world,if it helps the poor live a better life no matter where they are.
With this in mind may I share another one of my ideas with you, which I intend to prove can work to help bring lots of different people together to set up a Community Garden.
For Example my next Community Garden Project has already started in ABBEY WOOD on the Flowers estate SE2, with finding a good place to have one at Carnation Street.
Which is an area of land where lots of people are over looking it who have no gardens, because they are living in flats, and it's also at the end of another one of the blocks too. At this moment in time it mostly get used by some of the local people to let there dogs ---- on, but I'm sure once people see what else it can be used for this should all stop.
Now comes my New (7th) project idea, which I have a lot of support for involving our local Neighbourhood Pride Team of helpers,and our Greenwich Council Services SE10 too.
My idea is to help make a Community Garden area for people to use made mostly from thrown away things such as railings,fencing, trellis, pathing slabs, bricks, sand. wood,
gravel, rocks, plants, basically anything to help keep down cost to tax payers, and so we can also afford to have what we like growing in the area, and to help the wild life too.
I also intend to have solar power lighting and collect rain water, and to offer to anyone living on the Estate the chance to have a metal or wooden bench to remember someone.
I also intend to have a wide path going from one side to another down middle to separate a green grass area with a path going around it, with some plants and things growing on the outside of it, leaving enough room for people to sit on bench's and to have some waste bins too. On the other side of the wide path I intend to have it as a dry area say with some sort of shelter, so it can be use for many different things, for example having a BBQ. I even intend to have a painted mural done by the local children and others too.
I already have some photos on my website showing my presentation day,and some bulb planting, so you will be able to keep up with the stages as we go along,as an update.
Please Note the stages of my ideas to help make our Community Garden that little bit different, which I hope you may also like to set up where you live in the future like us.
(1) First look for a site where it is big enough to use as a Community Garden, and where the local people want it to be, otherwise it's going to be a waste of time and effort.
(2) Think permanent when finished, and maintenance, and security too, and working with your local Council at all times, as I know they can help you in lots of different ways.
(3) Think of it as serving more than one purpose such as a meeting place,but most of all a place to spend some time doing abit of gardening to share with others young or old.
(4) Having some benches for people to sit on is a must, which could also be donated by the local people who wish to remember those who have past away.
(5) Having an area with a roof covering it to use for meeting under, for example to have a BBQ, it could even be raised up enought to use for storage, with wheel chair access.
(6) Having access to water, which could also be done by collecting rain water, and having some lighting in place, for example done by some solar panels.
(7) Having in place Litter Bins, and dog poo bins, and a imformation board to serve their purpose, which I hope will also be in place when finished supplied by the Council.
(8) I do intend to have lots of different roses in place to help protect the area, and to help the birds find a safe place for them to nest, and to add some more different smells.
(9) I do intend to have a rockery area, and maybe a small fish pond, and a bird feeding table I think would be good for people to use,and arch's to walk under, and raised beds.
(10) I also intend to reuse a lot of waste plastic containers to grow things in, to help show other people how my system can be used in different ways, and other waste too.
To find out more please visit my website as I have other gardening project up and running now, and I have other Gardening projects which are about to start in this year 2010.
Thank YOU for taking the time to read my message as it might help you to do somethng different in your life, and to help others, no matter where you live or what age you are.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, all the very best. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com too. :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL I'm very pleased to say my Reuse of Waste plastic Containers to Grow things in idea is getting a lot more support every day to help Reduce them going to landfill sites. To find out more about NO digging gardening, growing your own, being selfsufficient, downsizing, and reusing - recycling some of our waste to help build better Communities, and to help to change the Environment we live in, involving climate change, and droughts and floods now and in the future, and helping our school children and the poor for next to nothing, please visit my website to see what I've been up to since I last tried to spread the word about my system that works in lots of different ways to be of benefit, and a resource rather than just waste to be thrown away..thank you for taking the time to read my latest up date.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John :icon_smile:
JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com also linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com to help spread the word.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: 19-3-2010.
Hi ALL from someone who's trying to help save millions of lives for next to nothing, and help to reduce some of our waste at the same time, I've got some good news to share with you. I've just said YES to the Robin Hood Tax idea of the rich helping the poor, which I think could have been called THE HELPING HAND TAX myself, to help poor people of all ages live a better life all over the world, done by the more people who vote YES to the TAX. Little did I know but our own Greenwich Council SE10 has just sent us a Council Tax Booklet today, saying that there's going to be NO INCREASE IN COUNCIL TAX this year. Plus I've just notice I'm also in the photo on the front cover of the same booklet, which is also showing just some of our younger Team of Neighbourhood Pride helpers enjoying themselves on the open day of their own local Community Garden project at Abbey Wood SE2 last year, which is just one of the many projects I'm tying to get up and running if I can, all I need is a helping hand.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. All the very best. John. JRP recycling www.recycling.moonfruit.com also linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com to help spread the word about trying to help others just like comic releaf is today. :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hello everyone this is an update for those who are interested in the way I grow things, and reuse waste plastic at the same time.
My Gardening projects have grown since my last post, and I've just put another short video film on You Tube again under my own topic, 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening, making 4 in total so far for you to look at if you want to, done with the help of my two youngest grandsons again. For those who think I'm wasting my time showing how my water recycling system really dose work, but with so many people who could use it, but choose not to use it, they could be right, but at least I've tried to spread the word.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy no matter where you live. All the very best John. JRP recycling.
To see what I've been up to for the last 10 years, please visit my website http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com ,Thank you. :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :icon_smile: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL, If YOU want to see something grown in a different way which you won't see at the Chelsea Flower Show, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com , where my friend Job Ebenezer at www.technologyforthepoor.com has just sent me a photo of what he has created using lots of 1 gallon jugs,and my water recycling system idea made from waste plastic containers to help feed the poor in Columbus.Ohio and in Haiti for you to look at,to prove it works in the simplest of ways for next to nothing.
To those who really do think I'm NOT wasting my time. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP. :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL some more good news for those who are interested in my Reuse- Recycling of waste plastic container gardening ideas.
Today is a special day for me in more ways than one, for example it's my BD and I've just started a new container gardening project which I've been told could be one of many if a certain lady has anything to do with helping to spread the word. This one is at Plumstead SE 18 in Chestnut Rise, which I've just put some photos of on my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com today to show you all another way you can grow things if you want to for next to nothing, and help to reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites at the same time. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, all the very best. John. JRP recycling. :mrgreen:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL, if you would like to come along and say hello to me this Saturday whilst I'm doing a presentation at the Glyndon Ward Community Event Day, held at the Community Centre, Reglan road SE 18, of my You Tube 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening ideas, to help promote the Reuse-Recycling of some of our waste, to help Reduce it going to landfill sites, would be a nice way for me to help spread the word about the way I do things to all ages, starting from 10.am to 4pm. I'm on the info sheet as Johns Recycling.
There will also be other people doing their thing, for example * Safer Neighbourhood Team * L&Q * Army cadets * Scouts * Driving simulator * Cycle Doctor (12--2) Bring your bike * And Many More Partnering Organisations, for example * Environmental Champions * Activity Bus * Have A Moan Corner * Boxing * N.H.S.Link * Community College * Clean Sweep * L&Q Face Painting * Fire Brigade * Police * Barclay's Bank cash * T***o's refreshments * Charlton Athletic * Thames 21 Cleanup * Tackwondo * Credit Union * Graham Edwards Cycle Proficiency * Job Centre Plus * Greenwich Card * Mary Kay Cosmetics * Co-Op Fairtrade * The Ship" soft drinks donation * Plus of course our own Greenwich Council Participation Team donation * Which as also help me in the past, to help spread the word , as part of their Neighbourhood Pride Team of helpers.
I hope to see you there and say hello on Saturday 3-7-2010. may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL, if you would like to come along and say hello to me I'm doing a presentation of how I reuse recycle some of our waste plastic containers to grow things in, outside ALL SAINT''S CHURCH on the 10th July from 10am - 4pm at Blackheath as part of their Summer Fayre. If you can't make it on that day maybe you could come along and say hello to me at St Edward Church, Mottingham, SE 9 on the 17th July from 10am - 4pm where I'm doing the same thing to help reduce some of our waste plastic going to landfill sites, and help to feed people at the same time. I will put some photos on my website to show I was there just like my Glyndon Community Event day on the 3rd July.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. All the very best. John. JRP recycling, for more information please visit www.recycling.moonfruit.com .Thank YOU. :icon_smile:
too.

irmelinis
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

:cheers:

Keep up the good work, John!
I'm impressed by your ideas, they are many and they are different. I like that!
It's never bad to make up new solutions with the things we already have. Pretty much everything has been "invented" already, so our job now is to take old inventions (like your example milk container + wood = planting and watering system) and put them together in new ways to create new items :)

I've listened to seminars about this concept with "old thing + another old thing= new thing" and they say it's the way of the future!
It is the people that think like you that will go a long way.

And look at you, all the publicity you've had! Think about that, and don't let the people with the negative comments stand in your way. They only drain your energy, that you need for doing good.
Your intentions are great, I hope you get many people that will help you, or atleast carry your ideas further and put them into practice, one way or another.

I live in Sweden, and we don't have any plastic milk containers at all, they're all made of paper. But I do use other plastic containers for my big balcony garden :)

I hope you continue to inspire.
"Everytime you spend money you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want."

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hi irmelinis welcome to Ish. :wave: If you go to the Hello section lots more people will be pleased to welcome you.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

irmelinis wrote::cheers:

Keep up the good work, John!
I'm impressed by your ideas, they are many and they are different. I like that!
It's never bad to make up new solutions with the things we already have. Pretty much everything has been "invented" already, so our job now is to take old inventions (like your example milk container + wood = planting and watering system) and put them together in new ways to create new items :)

I've listened to seminars about this concept with "old thing + another old thing= new thing" and they say it's the way of the future!
It is the people that think like you that will go a long way.

And look at you, all the publicity you've had! Think about that, and don't let the people with the negative comments stand in your way. They only drain your energy, that you need for doing good.
Your intentions are great, I hope you get many people that will help you, or atleast carry your ideas further and put them into practice, one way or another.

I live in Sweden, and we don't have any plastic milk containers at all, they're all made of paper. But I do use other plastic containers for my big balcony garden :)

I hope you continue to inspire.
Hello irmelinis in Sweden :mrgreen: :roll: and yes welcome to ish :hugish: and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with others who are interested in gardening and recycling some of our rubbish to be of benefit, to help reduce it going to landfill sites in the UK and the rest of the world if we can, if we all do our bit in our own ways then I'm sure it won't be a waste of time.
With over 150,000 visiters to my website, after 10 years of trying to spread the word you just don't know how good you have just made me feel, as I do not often get such nice comments from people who read my posts, so thankyou, it might interest you to know that I also am trying to promote my 3Rs plastic container gardening on Youtube, to help spread the word. All the very best. John JRP.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. :mrgreen: http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com
too.

irmelinis
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome, you two :)

And John, I'm glad I could help, even if it was only with some nice words.

I will show your work and ideas to people too, and share it to help you spread your fantastic inventions!

We need people like you, everywhere in the world. Remember that all the great geniuses in the world, were considered crazy and weird before people realized their potential and capacity.
"Everytime you spend money you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want."