Experiences with no hair washing?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Experiences with no hair washing?

Gem wrote:I do like the idea of vinegar but doesn't it bleach your hair in the summer?...
As I'm almost all grey at the front and only rarely see the back I can't answer that :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

shiela_robins
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I could live not taking a bath at all, but I can't imagine not washing my hair. It doesn't feel quite right for me. Even after a day of not washing it I feel like I am itching not just my hair but all over my body as well. Hehe...

Hendrik
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 46° 59' 36" N
longitude: 15° 26' 24" E

Hi all, new to forum.

I've tried the not washing it thing a few times. The main problem I have is itchy scalp. Washing only with water and really massaging the scalp in the shower works for less than a day, then it's seriously itchy again (and yes, I stuck with this method for some time to see if it improved). I find the best solution/halfway-house so far is to use an anti-dandruff shampoo (non-brand name and cruelty free) every five days. The other problem I've found is that I can't find a biodegradable anti-dandruff shampoo which works for my scalp.

Aloe Vera flesh blended with water and left on the hair for a while is a great hair softener, I've found. Try to avoid getting high-concentration aloe on your skin, though, as it can be itchy.

To all of you without the itchy scalp problem out there, I envy you.

Calum
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I'm a skinhead and shave my head daily; problem solved :p

Julysea
Tom Good
Tom Good

Ah, Calum, I wish I had your guts. It would be quite liberating to not muck about with my damn hair!

Hendrik, it really does seem to depend a lot on skin type, hair type, and water type. Do you get the same thing if you wash in rain-water? I wonder if that affects the itchniess thing. Lyckily, I haven't really had the itchy thing, though I'm scratching right now as I think of it :dontknow:

It's been a month for me now and I've only used water and once a spoon of vinegar in the water. And it's really getting there now. It went through a hideously yucky stage at around 2.5 weeks in and I thought it could never sort itself out, but it really seems to be. GIve it another week and it'll be pretty much back to 'normal' as if I'd just washed it with shampoo I reckon.

Definitely worth the experiment!
Liz