Breadmaker Question. Need Some advice.

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Breadmaker Question. Need Some advice.

southeast-isher wrote:now after letting the loaf cool i rotate the paddle with my fingers 360 degrees which breaks the bread seal baked inbetween the paddle and the loaf. Might work for you if you're having the same problem.
I've never had the paddle stick inside the loaf when it has come out of the tin. Tin and paddle always come off the loaf together.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Keaniebean

I have been following the recipies in the book to the letter. we have never had a problem with them rising. It is more the sides and the bottom that have been sticking and althogh the paddle gets stuck in the bottom, which I dont mind it hs been the loaf splitting into several unusable pieces, which then means the rest is not really suitable for slicing.

(Well I say unusable, what normally happens is that we stand there with tub of butter and toastie hot pieces of bread and end up eating them :oops: :oops: )

I've just put a malted loaf in as per the recipies in the mannual, i have changed the crust setting to pale and i will leave it in the tin for a while to see if this helps. I'll let you know in about 3 1/2 hours :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

ADG
Living the good life
Living the good life

number6 wrote:
Keaniebean wrote:My husband and I were given a breadmaker for Christmas which we really wanted. The first few loaves came out perfectly but since then almost every loaf has stuck to the bottom of the pan and we have been left with only half a loaf.

This is a real pain and a real waste, so something which was meant to help us save money is, in reality ending up costing us more. :shock: :?

Does anyone know what we can do to stop the bread from sticking to the pan? :dontknow:

Any hints or tips greatly appreciated.
Try greasing the spindle on which the paddles mount with a little olive oil.The paddles should then slide off remaining in the loaf then you remove them as you slice your loaf.It works sometimes.I also grease the pan before adding ingredients using a piece of kitchen roll
exactly what we do and we never have a problem

A&A
Tom Good
Tom Good

If you get unpredictable results, it could well be that your measurements are out. However carefully you try and measure out 100ml of water - you'll probably vary by as much as 10ml or more depending on the measuring jug. The answer is to weigh it instead. As an experiment, measure out 100ml and then weigh it. Repeat & repeat and watch just how much it varies. With something as critical as bread, you need to be accurate to produce consistent loaves.
Andy

becks77

Hi,
I too have a Panasonic, managed to kill 4 of the other types, probably through over use, however we love this one. What I have discovered is...never wash the bread pan or paddle,stand warm water in and all "stuff" will come out easily after a few mins. Secondly, always use either butter or oil, when I have tried with sunflower spread or olive spread it has stuck.Lastly if you leave the loaf in the pan for 10 mins before trying to turn it out it will release itself quite happily.
HTH
Becks
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

A&A wrote:If you get unpredictable results, it could well be that your measurements are out. However carefully you try and measure out 100ml of water - you'll probably vary by as much as 10ml or more depending on the measuring jug. The answer is to weigh it instead. As an experiment, measure out 100ml and then weigh it. Repeat & repeat and watch just how much it varies. With something as critical as bread, you need to be accurate to produce consistent loaves.
I have to say I must be a bit of a wierdo. :pirate:
I never bother too much about weights or even recipes, never have.
With my bread making I put in as much water as it needs, never measured. The only thing I ever weigh is the flour and only then because if I use too much it won't fit the loaf tins. Other than that I chuck in whatever takes my fancy, sunflower seeds, rolled oats (porridge), sometimes dried milk, sometimes an egg or two when I have a glut, and without boasting the only time I had a failure was when I totally forgot to put any yeast in. :scratch:
That may be due in part to not using a breadmaking machine, mine gets baked when it's risen enough rather than a set time that the machine has been programmed.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Keaniebean

We have always used the measuring cup and spoons which came with the breadmaker so i don't think it's to do with the measurements. :dontknow:

Well I chickened out of letting the malt loaf cook in the pan, so I let it knead in the breadmaker then turned it out and cooked it in the oven. I've got another on the go in the breadmaker at the moment, so I'll see how that one comes out, but if it's rubbish then there is a lovely round malt loaf already made.

Thanks again for all the advice. I'll give every thing a go and see what works.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Keaniebean

The results look good so cheers all. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sarah.x

wulf

I haven't used my bread machine much recently but made a loaf yesterday as I had guests coming round and not enough time to do my normal hand-made process. I must have written my recipe down wrong as it didn't rise much (although it was quite tasty)! Back to tweaking - when I first got my machine, I took some basic recipes and then made small adjustments until I got it to my satisfaction and it seems I need to do that again!

On the other hand, the reason I don't use it much now is because (when I've got time to let the dough have enough resting) I've found a method that requires very little effort and certainly no heavy kneading (you'll find a link to my video demo in one of the other bread threads on here).

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

Millymollymandy

They look good Keanie but that's a huge hole in the bottom of your loaf! :shock: Mind you I suppose that is an improvement on half a loaf coming out of the tin. :iconbiggrin:

Keaniebean

That's just from the paddle MMM, believe me, that is a huge improvement on the amount we have been loosing, so I don't mind that at all. :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

There you go, hot out of the oven .... 3 one pound loaves for less energy than a breadmaking machine single loaf.
Got to be greener even though they're brown :mrgreen:
Plus I'm now baking a chicken pie for dinner with the residual oven heat.
Bread.jpg
Bread.jpg (67.89 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
Last edited by Odsox on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Millymollymandy

Blimey, why doesn't my hubby do things like that? :iconbiggrin:

Oh I forgot, he's just installed me a groovy archway/pergola thingy and planted a climbing rose and clemmy beside it! :cheers: I'll do the bread and dinner then. :mrgreen:

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Another vote for panasonic breadmaker, it is the best I have ever had and wouldn't swap it for the world...no failiures yet. :sunny:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

A&A
Tom Good
Tom Good

Just out of interest, regarding the 'green' thing - my electric oven uses 6 times more kw/h than my bread machine does to bake a loaf. Therefore, I have to bake 6 loaves to break even on energy use. However, it's not as simple as that since there's no way I can fit 6 loaves in the oven...
Andy