Anti Cat poo recipie.

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Keaniebean
A selfsufficientish Regular

Anti Cat poo recipie.

Ingredients.

1. One patch of freshly dug earth or raised bed.
2. lots of lovely seeds.
3. One very rampant rose bush (the pricklier the better). Substitute holly or berberis freely.
4. A pair of secateurs ( sorry if thats spelt wrong).
5. A spare :roll: half hour or two.

Method

With the secateurs prune the living daylights out of a rampant rose. Keep the prunings to one side. Then with some nicly dug earth infront of you put in your seeds as per the instructions. Lay the rose cuttings on top of the soil spacing evenly. Then laugh as hard as you can when you see a cat approaching, knowing it cant get to your seeds to releive itself.
This is what it should look like, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

works well for a patch of Blueberries which the cats have been partial to aswell.

Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

happyhippy

Re: Anti Cat poo recipie.

Now that is one good idea!!!!!!I will have to hunt down some prickly plants and try this myself.We've recently moved house and I have dug over the veg plots,only to see every cat in the damn village relieving itself on them!!Ggrrrrr :angryfire: So thankyou for sharing that tip.I will have great delight next time a cat decides to head for my plots and......can't!LOL

Keaniebean

While I have managed to keep them off my raised beds, I must say that it has increased traffic elsewhere, if you know what I mean. :banghead: :angryfire:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Millymollymandy

Ah now I can see those funky blue planters better - with handy handles! I hope the rose cuttings keep doing their job. :cheers:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

moocher
Tom Good
Tom Good

we use terriers lol
and our cat goes next door to relieve itself.

SaveSomeGreen
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Hello All.

Post number 3,

Good plans but as you say the increased traffic elsewhere hasn't been a winner.

Last time I had a cat leaving me parcels I had a wee essentially everywhere the little feline bugger did it (after collection of the detritus of course). Not due to a weak bladder but marking my territory essentially (and fertilising the bed well too) This did seem to have an impact, not only did I save water and cleaning from not flushing but the cat seemed to heed at least after a while.

My next plan which I have mentioned on a number of occasions to people and whilst I have never actually used it, most people and logic seem to be on my wavelength. Either way it sounds like great fun (bloody mischievious at least). Get a supershooter, or whatever they are called but the high powered pump action uber water pistols and fill it with wee and wait, as soon as tiddles bends over to spread the word as it were shoot the little sod right up the jacksie! I am convinced that, Regardless of species, if somebody shoots high pressure urine into your anus as you are about to let go, well you aren't gonna let go and will likely move at extreme speed to anywhere in the known universe that involves no high pressure urine up your poophole.

I have yet to get me a supershooter and don't really suffer with cat concerns anymore but well... I am happy to live vicarioulsy through somebody else...

My dog (Charlie) seems to prevent most feline intrusion at the expense of me picking up bigger dog poos.... wait a minute!
Frugal is it's own reward

SaveSomeGreen.co.uk
Saving the Environment and your pocket

SaveSomeGreen

bugger forgot to add this...

May be of interest to a few of you..... Good reason not to have a cat I say though.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... phins.html

Cat poo is simply not nice....
Frugal is it's own reward

SaveSomeGreen.co.uk
Saving the Environment and your pocket

Carltonian Man

Another solution here http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... =4&t=18828
I'd be interested to know if anyone else finds success (or not) from scattering seaweed. After 26 years of constant battle I still can't believe I've found something so simple and user friendly that works.

RobHed
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 51.4796
longitude: -2.5948

This is all useful stuff as I have just planted some peas and my furry feline
thinks - " oooh - a new dumping ground !". I have started stretching plastic wire mesh across the sides of the raised bed as she normally leaves a planting area alone when she sees things are clearly growing there and that seems to work. :flower:

Cheers

Rob
Mad Dad to Evie aged 11 and hubby to Siân