Update

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
anarchistinslippers
Tom Good
Tom Good

Update

Hi all! Hope you're all well after what has been, let's be honest, a bloody awful winter.

We've moved from our crummy, tiny, overpriced, rented, damp ridden rathole (bitter?! moi?!?) moved further into the Fens and into our very own house. I can honestly say I feel home for the first time in years. The only snag is because it's further from work and I carnt drive the daily commute by train coupled with my crappy hours (generally 1100 til 2000, sometimes followed by 700 til 1600) means the days are extremely long. I am currently looking at other work closer to home, preferably one that uses my superpowers for good not evil.

I've spent most of the moments I'm not at work, en route to work, en route home or asleep (that usually add up to about 4 1/2 minutes a month) setting veg and flower seeds, some of which are shooting already. The patio potato planters I got for Christmas are coming along nicely (almost jungle like) and I am currently working on the fantastic blank canvases that are our back and front gardens.

We are hopefully going to have the following homegrown yums over the course of the year:
Carrots, potatoes, courgettes, parsnips, mint, coriander, cherry toms, plum toms, beetroot, basil..

Here's to a great year to you all!
"All I want is peace, to grow potatoes and to dream" Moomin (Tove Jansson)

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update

Lovely to hear from you again,

Sound like you are busy :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

anarchistinslippers
Tom Good
Tom Good

Good to be back and see some friendly faces. Hopefully my posts on here will e more frequent once we settle proper. We've still got boxes that need unpacking, after three months since moving! The lounge and main bedroom are sorted and the kitchen bearable but the bedroom needs sorting rather urgently. It's usable but pretty nasty, cosmetically speaking.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Glad things are going well and looking forward to further updates. :wave:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi again :wave: , I'm glad you are enjoying your new home even if you don't get much time there. Hopefully you can sort out a job nearer home and then you'll have more time to do all the things you want to!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

marshlander

anarchistinslippers wrote:We've still got boxes that need unpacking, after three months since moving!
Only 3 months - we still had unpacked boxes after 5 years! :lol:

Decided that if we hadn't needed the contents in all that time we could get rid. After saving grandmas tea set and one or two other items the rest went to Oxfam. Did wonder why I ever bought or needed wedgewood avacado dishes and other 'indispensable' stuff!!! :roll:
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

number6
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Particularly liked the idea of using your powers for good not evil.Any ideas on that front would be great as I to am seriously fed up with the rat race that is work.I've be working on doing something better for some time but the ideas just don't come and if they do theirs always some jobsworth to mess it up.

anarchistinslippers
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'll certainly let you know if anything comes to mind. I'm in the same boat really. I'm smart (not rocket scientist smart, but far from thick) but I have absolutely no self confidence.

I've spent the last 10 years in retail, working for some big namesthat you will all have heard of. I've met some lovely people (and some total s***heads) and learnt a helluva lot, but it's not for me anymore. I want something else even if it's "just" working in an office somewhere. It carnt be any worse than working for Satan for a wage (albeit a suprisingly competitive for the sector one). Things are getting really ugly at work now and I can do so much better. They don't deserve me.

Susie

You live near me (well you live in the same region!) - the Fens are beautiful, congrats on the move and good luck on the alternative job hunt. If you've got 10 years retail experience I bet there's lots you can do that's not the rat race. Have you thought of setting up doing something on your own? Ethical businesses are so fashionable (sorry that sounds cynical, I don't mean it to :iconbiggrin: ) Or you might be really sick of the sector in which case ignore me, I understand, if anyone told me to go back into something resembling my ex-job I'd need smelling salts, a stiff gin and a lie down :wink:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Glad to hear you're settling in to your new home. :hugish:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!