Benefits of acidifying drinking water

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
Danneels
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Benefits of acidifying drinking water

Health and performance of the pigs is what drives profits in pig production. Therefore farmers want to build the most modern animal houses, to have a quality feed and to select pigs with the best genetics. But sometimes they tend to forget that drinking water is the most important nutrient for farm animals and that the animals drink three times as much as they eat solid feed. Acidifying the drinking water can be the solution to improve the quality of the ‘forgotten nutrient’. This article describes the advantages of drinking water acidification with organic acids.

Do you have experiences with organic acids?

tizzy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Benefits of acidifying drinking water

what is the forgotten nutrient?
We get a couple of weaners every year and I get lots of clean water into them by making their food into a mash. We had to fit a neutraliser system to our water because it was eating the copper pipes and making my hair green. Would we be better to take a spur off the pipe for the outside tap and give them the non-neutral water...........and is it better for sheep and chooks too?

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Did anyone get this? :scratch:

Does this mean that adding a dash of cider vinegar to drinking water is beneficial, as with chicken drinking water?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

JulieSherris

In a nutshell, Bonnie - yep!!

Now, I'm definitely no expert, but if someone wants me to understand the whole concept, then they had best start off by using 'dumbed-down' language & explanations... it's not that I'm stupid, but to gain my initial interest, it has to be easy......... :iconbiggrin:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Millymollymandy

It was in all likelihood a spam posting and a bit gobbdigook for me too. But seemed harmless so we let it be.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/