New members please read

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

New members please read

Please can you fill in your location when you join up as we have members from all over the world and it is very confusing not knowing who lives where, especially when you ask us questions about when you should be sowing seeds etc! Thank you.

If you don't know how to do it - look in User Control Panel towards the top of the page near the log on/logout bit. Click on that then go to Profile under Options on the left hand side and look down the list and you'll see Location there.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: New members please read

Hi I am a new member and have been trying to put my intro post in for about a month and keep going in a circle...........don't want to ask my family as my lack of tecno savey is a standing joke.....if it was a plant it would be no prob........maybe I should bury my laptop....HELP.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aw, Jessie.. sorry you are having problems... welcome to the forum :wave:

You managed to reply to something so all is not lost... You need to start a new topic, give a title (like: 'hello') and tell us a wee bit about yourself.... when you click on 'POST' your topic should pop up no problem.

If you are still having difficulties feel free to PM (private message) me or another of the mods and we'll try to help you through it.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

Hi Jessie - to reply as you did you clicked on the 'Post reply' button whilst in an existing thread. If you want to start a new thread you will see a button that looks the same orangy colour called 'New Topic' - that's the one to press, then give it a title as Annpan says and finally when you've finished typing your message, press submit.

If you are unsure then look down towards the bottom of the main forum page and you'll see a section entitled Practice and Delete, feel free to practice in there to your heart's content. Good luck!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

jakerex
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

hello from ireland

Milims

Hi Jake, why not tel us a bit about yourself in the introductions thread?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

JessHessing1989

hello everyone....

Milims

Hi Jess - why not pop onto the introductions thread and tell us a bit more about yourself?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sorry milims - a quick google showed they've joined just about every forum known to man and beast! :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Milims

Bu**er - I'm far too nice - I always like to give them the benefit of te doubt just in case! :?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

GregTraver
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello to all. :wave: It looks as though I have stumbled upon a promising forum. Just as you are leery of spammers I am equally as cautious of the forums that I am associated with. My name is my reputation, a commodity that I can ill afford to squander. I am a full time Father working from home and am about as "ish" as it gets! I am all about organic gardening/farming, intelligent stewardship and sustainable, self-sufficient living. I am here to socialize and put the work behind me. I am optimistic and looking forward to meeting some like minded people for entertainment and hopefully meet some new friends along the way. Best regards!

garouza
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello! Mike from MExico

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike, I am from MExico.

Just recently I escaped from the monstrous Mexico City (who many have the conception to have cactus and some kind of desert-like aspect, which is far from truth, its a huge concrete megalopolis), and moved to the paradise city of Cancun.

Apart from the fancy hotel zone, there is the centre of town where all common citizens live, and as you may know, its hard to find many things since it is still a developing town (its 42 years old, we are almost a million citizens), with a lot of opportunities to, lets say, do many things yourself and perhaps make a profit out of it.

Thanks for this beautiful forum!

Scotness
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Just getting back to the original post is there a way to integrate your time zone with your location? It would be interesting if when someone posts, the amount of hours difference between where they are and where the reader is reading from was displayed?

I'm probably pushing the coding too far :lol: but apart from knowing where someone is - easily seeing the time difference would be pretty useful as well

Scot
Find and give things for free - locally and globally - free-economy.org

EcoTreedweller
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 52.6500
longitude: 1.2800

Hi everyone,

I used to be here many yonks ago, and then I wasn't, but now I'm back. Totally lost all traces of my old login info, so I'm afraid there is a dead account here somewhere.

I'm getting back into the green stuff, here in sunny Norfolk, building a greenhouse from pallets and plastic bottles, planting etc.

Always wanting to learn how to do things a better way, and keen to share what I have learned.

Eco x

Milims

Hi there and welcome back! How about you also post you greetings as a new topic on the Welcome New People" bit. More people will see you there :wave: :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton