sleep please!!!!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

sleep please!!!!

Does anybody have a nice tasting herbal brew I can give my two youngest (3and 1) to help/make them sleep through the night, after nearly four years without an unbroken nights sleep i could really do with a break, and I don't mean a KIT Kat.

woops there h#goes the youngest now at 6 mins to one in the morning :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

crowsashes
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: sleep please!!!!

my health visitor suggested my little one might be hungry ( the reason for the really early wake up calls) or thirsty

how late /early are they eating and when are they going to bed?

i found when my little one was waking in the night a banana and cup of milk before bed helped him stay asleep until morning.

just a shame the heat keeps him uptill10pm now.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Warm milk's excellent. And Beatrix Potter knew her stuff - a lettuce sandwich will do wonders. Make it part of a set bedtime routine with lack of any stimuli for about an hour prior to bed. Lavender bath, snack and bedtime story (not an exciting one :lol: - oh and with regard to the Lavender, just use a couple of drops - at low doses it's soporific at high doses (above 5ish) it has a paradoxical stimulating effect. Definitely a case of less is more :shock:

Do they share a room? I just wondered if they're waking each other (I'm sure they are but what I meant is - is that the cause? rather than a compounding factor).
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

battybird

Everyone has given the advice I would so all I can say is that when they are teenagers you could be asking how to wake them up!!! :iconbiggrin: My first two were dreadful at night so I can empathise! Seems a long time till they are teenagers at the moment!! :(
I had 4 years of sleep deprivation then had a little one who slept like other mums tell you theirs do! :banghead: And there was no magic recipe that I can think of except that I expected no sleep and was more relaxed with him?? :dontknow: He is still the most easygoing ofd the three. Anyway :hugish: from me and hope it improves soon.
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

Keaniebean

How about using dried hops and dried Lavender in a pillow, sachet thingy. I'm in the process of making one for myself as I don't tend to sleep too well sometimes. As Green Aura already said, lettuce is meant to be good too.

I do find Valerian tea works quite well on me but I don't know if it's suitable for children or even if you could get them to drink it if it were, it's a bit of an aquired taste. :shock:

I hope you find something that works. :hugish:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.