Full moon sugar frenzy!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Full moon sugar frenzy!

The day started well with a nice walk along the canal before it got too hot then home for breakfast. Then I thought I'd make some biscuits, in homage to the seventies summer I thought I'd make some choc chip cookies, only they were ridiculously sweet and I left far too much mixture in the bowl to lick clean, polished off the rest of the chocolate then ate about 5 HUGE biscuits!

Feeling decidedly sick, yet full of a sort of manic confidence, I decided to try my hand at making a couple of bakewell tarts ( I have never eaten a bakewell tart in my life but why not) :dontknow:

After licking another few spoons clean I felt even sicker but for no apparant reason , I thought I'd make some more elderflower cordial.

I normally have the attention span of a gnat, when I have too much sugar I am hopeless.

In short, I put ten oz of citric acid plus a lemon in about a litre of cordial (why, why??) and
dropped one of the bakewell tarts when it came out of the oven. (OH suggested I should have a lie down at this point but I ploughed on). :roll:

After topping up my sugar high on bakewell tart trimmings I decided to have a bash at making crumpets ... only I didn't read the recipe properly and put 1/2 Oz of dried yeast in four crumpets! Waste not want not I thought and polished the lot off.

Now, apart from a terrible headache, I am coming round a bit and cannot believe I have spent all morning in the kitchen with the oven on full whack on a day like this!

NO MORE SUGAR JILL! :lol:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Full moon sugar frenzy!

Excellent Jill!! :lol: :lol:

I think you're right to lay off it for a while. You might decide to do some serious damage :shock: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Silver Ether
A selfsufficientish Regular

has any one peeled you off the ceiling yet ... goodness that a high :mrgreen:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

crowsashes

oooo bakewell tarts! ithink i will get one tomorrow as they are my fave :mrgreen:

i tried and failed at cherry jam, the cherries were delicious the jam... tastes like a boiled sweet :( oh well ill find a use for it. it did set though . :thumbright:

as for the sugar high, i get mad bouts of eating sugar and i dont stop rushing about... only problem is the come down the following day... last time it was honey and caraway cakes :mrgreen:

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Phew! Just back from MILs and made it through without taking my sugar crash out on anyone (no mean feat I can assure you) and even managed to eat my dinner politely though still feeling sick :thumbright:

Now, if I can just avoid those pesky biscuits and the one remaining tart until bedtime, I can start tomorrow a relatively sane human being (though I did that today and look how it panned out) :roll:

Don't even mention jam crowsashes, I ate a TABLESPOON right out of the jar to 'check it' ???!!! before putting in the tarts. My knees are going wobbly just thinking about it!

Going to get more elderflowers tomorrow and see if I can salvage this crazily tart cordial, then sending OH off with all remaining baked goods as he's off biking for the day.

What an eejit I am :pirate:

xx

Millymollymandy

That was some breakfast. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Moonwaves
Tom Good
Tom Good

JillStephens7 wrote:
Don't even mention jam crowsashes, I ate a TABLESPOON right out of the jar to 'check it' ???!!! before putting in the tarts. My knees are going wobbly just thinking about it!
Fantastic! Now I feel more normal - how is it that if you're making a tart that has jam in it, it's always a really BIG spoon that seems to need to be used to 'check' it? 'Tis a mystery but at least now I know I'm not the only one. :iconbiggrin: :lol:

This is a great recipe for an easy jam tart (with a bakewell feel if you put in all the almond, which I hate so don't put in anymore) which can use up an entire jar of jam. I've been using it to get rid of all the runny much too sweet plum jam I ended up with last year. It makes for a very, very sweet tart but still perfectly edible :)
livingthesimplelifeiwant.blogspot.com

grubbysoles
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Wow- quite a feast! But how have you managed to go your entire life without eating a Bakewell tart?! I LOVE them!! Almonds are very good for your skin (Vitamin E) which I use as an excuse to consume great quantities of bakewell tarts...

Millymollymandy

*comes up for air* oh my god I've just got stuck in that foodie blog - it's great! :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Moonwaves
Tom Good
Tom Good

Me too! Have been perusing it since I posted that link. I saw that jam tart linked to from another blog and then on Friday needed to find a recipe for banana bread to use up some bananas before they completely disintegrated and thought I'd give smittenkitchen a quick search. Suffice it to say that I have spent several hours this weekend on there. I made the banana bread on Friday evening (although minus the bourbon and using slightly different spices since for some strange reason I don't have any nutmeg or cinnamon) but it is absolutely lovely. In fact, I think I'm about to go and finish the rest of it for a late lunch :)

Moonwaves
Tom Good
Tom Good

And a book coming out in a year or two I think. I think I'll ask if she will take pity on those of us in Europe who don't have digital scales and include proper conversions into metric. I really should just buy a proper set of cup measures because it get annoying trying to get 130g of something since most scales (mine included) are in 25g increments.

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Okay let's get this into perspective:
Chocolate comes from a bean, a bean is a vegetable(!) so therefore choc chip cookies count towards your five a day.
As already said, almonds contain vit E so good for skin, also help maintain serotin levels.
Pastry contains butter which contains calcium.
Jam presumably homemade from fruit, so another towards your five a day.
Hope you tasted the elderflower cordial as this is another towards your five a day (maybe two if you include the lemon)

All in all sounds quite healthy to me!!!!!!
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well that's as may be Fran but it didn't FEELvery healthy :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

cocobelle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I get like that with too much sugar - a woman possessed.
Organic Baby Clothes made with natural, sustainable fabrics.