worst five things on telly

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: worst five things on telly

I just find that advert so odd in that John Lewis-approved Nice Middle Class Woman is accompanied by these lyrics. I suppose it might be ironic subversion. :dontknow:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Sinmara
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Snooker - my boyfriend loves it and watches it every time there's a tournament on. It's like watching paint dry :banghead:
my Deviant Art page

Sinmara77 on Twitter

Cloud
Living the good life
Living the good life

Anyone mentioned The Football yet?
Image Image
Augustus and Hattie

Merry

There`s football?
Seriously though, I think there`s summat wrong with our telly. Whenever I switch it on for a match the sound goes all sort of tooth-drilling buzzy and I have to switch it off. :? :dontknow:
It only happens when there`s a football game on so perhaps it`s a sort of aversion therapy thingy - works for me! :icon_smile:
We are stardust, we are golden, and we`ve got to get ourselves back to the garden.

kompost krazy

kompost krazy wrote:
Millymollymandy wrote:Is that the new John Lewis one, I thought it was a Billy Joel song? Anyway it nearly sent me to sleep!
Yes, it is a Joel song, but I believe that the advert uses a new recording of it by the Guillemots.
Obviously the advert doesn't have the same effect on everyone!
I also rather like the new Vodaphone one, with the post-row couple sending each other insulting photos, then making up the same way, and meeting and hugging. OK, so I'm a sentimental old berk.

JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

I got rid of the telly about twenty years ago and what I saw on a recent trip to my daughters has only confirmed that for us this was the right thing to do ...............also the amount of channels and programs she has to pick from were just too much trouble to think about so it's back to the books for me I'm just too lazy. :flower:

kompost krazy

JessieMac wrote:I got rid of the telly about twenty years ago and what I saw on a recent trip to my daughters has only confirmed that for us this was the right thing to do ...............also the amount of channels and programs she has to pick from were just too much trouble to think about so it's back to the books for me I'm just too lazy. :flower:
I must admit that when I've been tellyless for periods in the past, I haven't missed it as much as I'd expected. There are some good things on, but I suppose if you're online at home (I'm not - this is a Library computer) you can watch most things online.

bonniethomas06

JessieMac wrote:I got rid of the telly about twenty years ago and what I saw on a recent trip to my daughters has only confirmed that for us this was the right thing to do ...............also the amount of channels and programs she has to pick from were just too much trouble to think about so it's back to the books for me I'm just too lazy. :flower:
Lucky you JessieMac. Funnily enough, this is something that I and the OH are battling against at the moment. Last night, for the first time since we moved in together last year, we spent a night without the telly on. It was bliss - just a lamp and the flickering of the logburner flames. I started writing a poem for a competition in my favorite mag. He got stuff done on his laptop.

Thing is, I stare at a screen all day, come home, cook tea, flop infront of a screen and then go to bed. I am only just starting to appreciate how much this prevents you from doing anything creative. I am sick of feeling like I have no time in the day, and looking back at the week and realising that I have achived nothing at all.

And it seems like it is the default position in ours and so many other households, that the T.V should be on - so much so that I get incredulousity from OH when I go to turn it off. Why should it be on night after night? I am sick of having information blared at me for 16 hours a day. So from now on, I am imposing a three-nights a week telly ban. Will be interesting to see what happens.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

well theres not much on at all and ive just had to get tv licence and i really hated paying £145.50 for all the rubbish :scratch:
captus nidore culinae (caught by the odor of the kitchen)

Millymollymandy

Whereas I feel there is too much that I like on at the moment (it's always like this in the autumn :roll: ) and not enough hours of evening to watch it all in as by the time I've finished cooking dinner and sit down to collapse for the evening it's already about 8pm and I usually fall asleep by 10pm :iconbiggrin: ...... and The Pillars of the Earth is starting tomorrow and then Desperates back again on Sunday. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

chilitony wrote:well theres not much on at all and ive just had to get tv licence and i really hated paying £145.50 for all the rubbish :scratch:
I am getting in that position each time I have to pay the TV licence. There are still a few bits I like to watch on TV, but the number is constantly going down. Have you also noticed that since we have better and better technology to record things, there are more and more repeats often enough during the same week that the program was 1st shown!?

bonniethomas06

123sologne wrote:
I am getting in that position each time I have to pay the TV licence. There are still a few bits I like to watch on TV, but the number is constantly going down. Have you also noticed that since we have better and better technology to record things, there are more and more repeats often enough during the same week that the program was 1st shown!?
Hey don't knock repeats. ITV3 are showing the entire lot of Monarch of the Glen. I am overjoyed!!

Oh lovely Archie...beautiful scenery...non-challenging storylines...

It may be the only thing I watch all winter!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Susie

I watched The Apprentice last night and now I've lost all faith in humanity.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Milims

My daughter insists on watching things like "My Super Sweet Sixteen" It makes me want to run around with my hands over my ears screaming! The people on in are such brats I'd never get tired of slapping them! And don't get me started on Holly Oaks!!! Why do people actually want to watch programs about awful people???
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Susie

Milims wrote:My daughter insists on watching things like "My Super Sweet Sixteen"
I've seen that as well. It's a wonder I've got any faith in humanity left.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)