Water, water everywhere...........

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Water, water everywhere...........

Well, not really....

Over the last 6 months due to very diligent work we have halved our water usage down to about 75 litres per person per day in our household (still too much, but then we are still working on it!). This has reduced our bill a massive $10 a month!

You really can't justify it on purely economic grounds, our water is ridiculously cheap!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

WOW Nev... that's good going mate...

:mrgreen:

I've no idea how much we use here to be honest - we are not on any kind of a meter as we've got a private supply. It's rubbish though and we are STILL talking with the solicitor to agree an amount to fit the filter.... at the moment we are a couple of hundred pounds shy of affording it... but spending money on bottled water all the while :(
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ina

Re: Water, water everywhere...........

Wombat wrote:(still too much, but then we are still working on it!)
Drink less tea, more beer. :mrgreen:

A fellow student did a work placement in Nigeria quite a few years back - out in the country, at a kind of farm school. They were allowed 10 litres a day, plus what was used in communal cooking.

Makes you think.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh yeah! That's why I say we still use too much!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm not on a meter, but still save water where I can. Yesterday though, it caused a mishap.

I was rushing around taking washing off the line as it had started to rain. I threw a bundle into the basket, and upended it into a bowl full of rainwater. The washing was wetter than when it came out of the machine.

By the time I got it inside & draped over the airer, it had stopped raining :oops:

shiney

We don't have a meter here either, infact I wish we did. I dread to think what we use to be honest. We do have a water butt and our son's sand pit boat that catches lots of rain water for the garden.

I am on a mission to cut down my electricity bill this year. I am concentrating on one thing at a time!
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

ina

And I didn't prevent a waste of both water and electricity the other day, which still bugs me... :cry:

I SHOULD have checked the gent's loo at the end of my working day, but I didn't, because I thought no gent (or other male) had been in that building all day.

Wrong! The cleaner found the hot water tap running in the morning. :?

Oh well, we all learn from our mistakes.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)