has anyone read Back Garden Seed Saving?

By popular demand - The book review section.
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

has anyone read Back Garden Seed Saving?

Has anyone read Back Garden Seed Saving by Sue Strickland? I buy seeds from RealSeeds and they give heaps of information about saving seeds, so I'm wondering if this book will compliment that info., or if it would be a waste of money.

TIA
Rosey xx

surfpeach
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: has anyone read Back Garden Seed Saving?

Hi Rosie, I purchased this book from them after ordering lots of new seeds. I am finding it a very interesting book, full of facts and also lots about the history of seeds which I found very good reading. If you are just interested in saving the seed and need instruction on this only then the instructions you get with the seed is most likely enough. I hope this helps Rachel.

Rosendula

Thanks Rachel. Yes that does help. I've put it on my Christmas list, so if I receive it as a gift I will be very pleased, but if I don't I probably won't buy it. It would be interesting to read more about the history of seeds and things, but I have so many other things on my "To Do When I Get a Minute" list, I think some things can wait. I'll put it on my "To Add to the To Do List If It Ever Gets Short Enough" list. :lol:
Rosey xx

Broad Bean
Tom Good
Tom Good

I have the book and it's really good, well worth getting for something that you'll turn to again and again over the years.

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I quite agree a good read and practical
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.