Don't forget E-cards are GREAT!

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Don't forget E-cards are GREAT!

The only thing I will add about the e-cards I use, is that there is absolutely nothing in paper cards that come the the standard of these amazing designs. But yes if you look at what is main stream, then forget it, it is absolute rubbish. In case you are in doubt, just look for Jackie Lawson on line and see for yourself. And I don't only send e-cards as most people in my family do not have a computer, but there are people out there who prefer them. There is room for both.

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

organicsi wrote:I am not upset, I just do not enjoy being lectured and patronised, 'you dont need to get upset because people disagree', to be honest I feel that I have been. I just made a suggestion, and if you read my posts you will find I have not made any negative or superior comments about what other people have said they prefer to do about sending Christmas greetings.Some of the other posts do; 'Can't stand the things, there is no thought or effort gone into them' ,If you also read my original post you will have seen my 'word of warning'.
As I said, I am not upset, it is just today I realised perhaps Ish ishn't the place I thought it was. Sad really I was just getting into it...
My goodness if we all got upset every time someone disagreed with something we said there wouldn't be any forums left in existence :lol: Sorry if you don't like the responses but look at the title of your thread, you are shouting how great they are and some of us disagree and will say so! There is both agreement and disagreement all over the forum on all sorts of subjects, that's the nature of the human race and we would be rather boring if we all agreed with each other all the time with no opinions of our own. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

You are not sorry, you are patronising and if I responded to you in the way you have responded to me you would not be happy. However and I repeat (for the final time) I am not upset but I will leave you to it... Bye Bye

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I got a Jackie Lawson e-card for my birthday last week and loved it! W send and recieve her cards often and I think they are great.

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Wish I'd sent e-cards, I had a right debacle with xmas cards this year:

When we moved house, I found loads of old, unused xmas cards which I saved to send this year. I also printed out wedding gift thank you cards which I intended to send with the xmas cards to save on postage.
Unfotunately, when I wrote the first card, I noticed that on the back it said something about recycling cards in Sainsburys until the end of Jan 2007 thus outing me and my old cards.
I then went and bought some new cards but the envelopes were too small for the wedding thank you cards so I have saved them for next year and sent my husband out to buy a third set of cards with larger envelopes. Unfortunately, he just bought the ones that were on special offer without lookng at them and they are all a bit naff!
I now have quite a lot of unused xmas cards. Of well, at least I can make plenty of gift tags...

ecards all round next time!!

oldjerry

Me and an old mate, whom I hav ent seen in 6 yrs,sent the same card backwards and forwards to each other for over 10 years( it said on the outside 'Merry Christmas Jesus loves you' and I wont say what was on the inside,even here.)
Sadly the post Office lost it in the end but I look out every year just in case it turns up............

ps. I'm not upset either................and I'm not leaving.

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We have a thing at work where we just pin one card to everybody on a notice board and put the rest of the money we would have spent on cards in a charity tin - saves a lot of time and we usually make a few quid for a good cause, last year we bought Oxfam cows!

pelmetman

Hi Shirleymouse, good idea. My sister who works for the Job Centre, large office, does'nt give cards any more apart from one big card which they sign but in return give the price of a decent card they would have bought to charity From all accounts raise a fair bit of money each year.

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

That's a good idea too. The best thing is it takes all the hassle out of it (i.e. I'd better send them one because they sent my one last year) but it also saves on card and supports a worthy cause.