Bought a mooncup!!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Touchwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Bought a mooncup!!

I can honesty say I had never heard of them until about 5mins ago but will definately be giving it a go.

Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

I am excitedly awaiting the arival of my mooncup now, but something has occoured to me. I happily bought the size B cup because I am under 30 and don't have children. However I am nearly 27 and planning on starting a family soon so I probably am not going to get my moneys worth from this particular cup :(

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

I don't know if this is any help but I don't think the age thing is particularly accurate, if it fits when you get it, it won't just stop fitting on you 30th birthday :lol:

I don't know about after childbirth though :wink:

x

Rosendula

I think it might depend on how you give birth. I had all three of my children naturally - well, every type of painkiller with my first, just an epidural with my second, 2 paracetamol with my 3rd (and for the record, I'd recommend the 3rd option, but that's another topic for another day), but they came out the natural way IYSWIM. Perhaps I didn't do enough pelvic floor exercises, but I find I need a pantyliner with my mooncup, but 1 pantyliner a day is much better than the 5-6 tampons per day I used to get through. I'm wondering if people who have caesarean sections perhaps can get away with using the small cup for longer? Does anyone know?
Rosey xx

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it says on the literature (wee booklety thing) that you get with your moon cup that you only need to bump up a size if you have had a vaginal delivery... if you are c-section then stick to the small size.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Helsbells

I have got my moon cup now!

Though not entierly convinced. Inserting it is most unplesant and I don't seem to be able to get it in very far. I think I need to trim the little stem thing. I am only wearing it at night at the moment because I can't quite bear to change it at school.

However, having said that I have not had any leaks so thats good, and emptying it is not nearly as disgusting as I thought it would be.

JulieSherris

I cut my stem off totally & have only the little ridges left at the base. That seems to be enough though - also, it helps if you just rinse it under the tap before you insert it.

Stick with it though, I love walking past the 'feminine shelves' now & tutting at the prices!! :lol:
I certainly wouldn't consider doing things any other way now - except order the menopause NOW!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

Helsbells wrote:I am only wearing it at night at the moment because I can't quite bear to change it at school.
I don't change mine in the daytime, just first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I've never had to do it more often than that, and unlike tampons there's no risk of toxic shock syndrome from leaving it so long.

The first month I was doing mine all wrong and didn't think I'd get on with it, luckily I read the instructions again the second month and figured it out. I have trimmed the stem on mine but only slightly.

Merry

How I wish this kind of thing had been around before I became a crone.
Think I`ll speak to my grandaughters!
We are stardust, we are golden, and we`ve got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Millymollymandy

Merry wrote:before I became a crone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear I've only been thinking about becoming an old biddy, never thought about being a crone before .That's a bit scary. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ive done it!!..ive ordered my moon cup! :) im kinda petrified though,but like i was wen i was 15 and used my first tampon! lol ...so heres my question, how far in does the moon cup go?... i read on another forum about a lady who got her stuck,as it went in to far! ..now im scared and not quite as excited as i was.. :pale:
..does anyone have any advice for a future moon cup user... :pale:
many thanks xxxx sue

Rosendula

It goes lower than the tampon. You put it in with your finger and thumb. Once it's in, you don't push it any further up, so you will be able to grab it with your finger and thumb when you want to take it out again. They don't swim up or anything. Plus, there is a pretty long 'tail' on it. Once you've inserted it the first time, you will be able to decide for yourself how much of the tail to trim off. Some people chop it all off. In fact, the only reason I have left a little bit of a tail on mine is because I'm frightened I will stupidly cut the bottom of the cup off if I try to remove the tail completely.

So stop worrying. There are instructions on the website, and you get a little book full of instructions with it, and we're here too if you want to ask anything else. And if the worst did happen (which it won't) we can compare notes about seeing doctors for embarrassing things (don't ask me who managed to lose a condom while it was in use!)
Rosey xx

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

witchywoo wrote:i read on another forum about a lady who got her stuck,as it went in to far!
She was either anatomically deformed or stupid!

It can't go in too far, just put it in as far as is comfortable. If it feels difficult to remove it's because it can form a bit of a vacuum - just give it a gentle squeeze to break let some air in and it will come out without any problem.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Helsbells

Oooooh I am so glad this thread has come up again,
I am so so pleased I bought a moon cup, it has changed periods forever!
I just have one small problem, when I go for a wee, if I am squatting like in a public toilet, I find it really hard to pee, I can't push it out, I just have to sort of let it drain! Sorry to sound gross, it is like the moon cup paralyses some of my muscles, does any one else have this strange experience?

witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Green Aura wrote:
witchywoo wrote:i read on another forum about a lady who got her stuck,as it went in to far!
She was either anatomically deformed or stupid!

It can't go in too far, just put it in as far as is comfortable. If it feels difficult to remove it's because it can form a bit of a vacuum - just give it a gentle squeeze to break let some air in and it will come out without any problem.

i did think it terribly strange tht she "lost" hers inside..i men were can it go ....... :dontknow: :shock:
many thanks for everyones replies though..feel much more brave again now lol xxx