Can it get any better?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Can it get any better?

I've just been to the doctors. A few of my finger nails have started to turn black and look like they are peeling away from my fingers (yuk). Thinking it was some sort of infection, I was expecting to be given some cream. Instead the doc reckons its caused by washing up in detergent. Not entirely sure about this as I have a dishwasher so only tend to wash up the odd cats' plate or something that doesn't go in the dishwasher - probably not even once a day. And I use Ecover washing up liquid.

Anyway, his helpful suggestion, use gloves whenever I wash up. What's wrong with that? I'm allergic to rubber gloves :lol:

I managed to find some latex-free washing up gloves at the supermarket and the doc recommended getting them from yellow and orange diy supermarket.

Zoe

Keaniebean

Re: Can it get any better?

I think you just need to proclaim that you are allergic to washing up full stop. It means then that you never have to do it again :iconbiggrin: :wink:

I hope your fingernails resume normal working order again soon. Sorry I don't have any suggestions though.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Thomzo

:lol: Keanibean, that was my first thought. Any idea how I can train a cat to wash up? :lol:

Zoe

Keaniebean

Hmm, paper plates? :lol:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Millymollymandy

I hope it does get better Zoe :hugish: but it doesn't really sound like washing up is the cause. :scratch:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Thomzo

Well, I suppose I have been doing all sorts of cleaning and stuff without using gloves since they started giving me eczema (sp?) so it might be that I've been doing more damage than I'd realised. So I've been very good about wearing my new super dooper latex free washing up gloves and it's been a good reason to wear lots of pretty nail varnish.

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Zoe, that sounds serious! It may be a fungal infection - did your doctor mention that?
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!