RE-USE OF WASTE,I CAN? CAN YOU?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

RE-USE OF WASTE,I CAN? CAN YOU?

:mrgreen: HI ALL,whilst I have been trying to get my very important message across to others who have allotment plots or grow things on the forum ( Your local area allotments ). I thought I would try under the three R's,as I have made all my ideas from waste plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets to help reduce them going into landfill sites.
To save me repeating a lot of what I have said already,please take the time to visit my website or to read what I and others have already said if you are interested in new ways of doing things,under (recycling ideas ) and ( I Can? Can You? ) as it's all to do with us all trying to do our bit in our own positive ways. If there's anything you want to know please ask on this or my other two topics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my message,may you and yours live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

THE BENEFITS OF USING MY SYSTEM?

:mrgreen: Hi ALL,for those who are interested in container gardening I've just put the benefits of using my very simple to make transportable recycling container system on my website,as it's to do with water and other things which you might like to know about. John.J.R.P.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

I HOPE TO BE ON SKY THREE TV NEXT WEEK?

:mrgreen: :lol: Hi ALL,for those who are interested in the way I do things,I hope to be on SKY Three TV next week along with Luath. The Secret Life of Suburbia at a different time than before,8-30am or 1pm John. J.R.P.
too.

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

Oh Lord, am I on again? :lol: :lol: :lol: Wish I got a repeat fee..............

Thanks for the tip, John. 8)

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

Looks like that might be tonight at 7.30pm , however, I may be billed as one of "Britain's eccentric females" :shock: :shock:

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

ooh how exciting - I've set the reminder on the telly. We are off out to collect a goat this afternoon so hopefully will be back in time... Are you coming to the games in Devon Luath??? Can I get your autograph there then lol
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

ASKING FOR HELP?

:mrgreen: Hi ALL,for those who are interesed in my ideas,I sent a e-mail to the Permaculture Council of Management UK the other day to see if they can help me to get my ideas used,and I've sent a e-mail to Sir Cliff Richard too,to see if he can help me,as he believes in tying to help others too,in his own way.
I'm waiting for a reply from both of them,I wonder if I will get a reply, as one has two people at the heart of a big organisation,and the other one is a fames person with a big heart who is in his sixtys too,like me.
May you and yours live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

WISLEY GARDENS VISIT?

:mrgreen: :lol: Hi ALL,I'm going to visit WISLEY GARDENS on the 13-9-2006 along with lots of others as part of a FREE DAY run by our Greenwich Council.
I'm also going to take with me one of my 4 base container rows with 8 others to go inside them,to show of my very simple to make transportable water recycling system to grow things in. I'm only going to promote my idea,So I will only be interested in their container gardening section,as I don't grow anythings in the ground my self,even though we have a nice looking laid out garden our selves. Plus I hope this will also help to promote the re-use of some of our waste instead of it going into landfill sites in the UK,and in the rest of the world.
I've tried asking what it seems the mounting to come to me,this way I'm going to the mounting in person you could say, with lots of others who are interested in growing things,plus I might have the chance to speak to one of their experts to get my idea used in some way too.
Please let me know if your going ,so we can look out for each other on what I hope will be a nice day,for all of us,who enjoying growing things on a large or small scale. May you and yours live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
too.

hedgewizard

John, one thread would have done matey. We can see you just fine. Have a good day!

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

hedgewizard wrote:John, one thread would have done matey. We can see you just fine. Have a good day!

:mrgreen: :( Hi Hedgewizard.
I put what happened on I Can? Can You? OK .
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'M ON TV AGAIN?

:mrgreen: Hi ALL,it's me again trying to promote my ideas. For those who haven't seen me on SKY Three TV yet,I should be on again tomorrow 25-9-2006 at 10 30am or one day in the week. The Secret Life Of, to do with Gardening in suburbia is my topic. If I can save one life by posting on this website I think its got to be worth it,I'm sorry if you think I'm wasting my time as I'm no further than I was 8 years ago,but if someone out there can help me to get my ideas used or up and running,they might like to take a look to see if they can help me in some way by watching the TV programme. May we all live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

AT LAST THINGS ARE STARTING TO HAPPEN?

:mrgreen: :lol: Hi ALL who's interested in what I'm doing. I'm very pleased to inform you about what's happen to me last week. First I was on SKY Three TV again at 10 30am. Then I met someone who had seen me and wanted to help me,because she into reusing things and she can't dig any more,and she thought it would be a good project for her Community to get involved in. This was seconds before I walked in through the door of the community - shop to give them one of my small cards to let them know about my website and what I did. From that moment on everyone their has wanted to know more about my container growing system,to the point I've volunteered to be part of their team to help promote the reuse of waste plastic containers in their borough of Bromley,by having rows of my tower container system put up by me all around their newly designed back yard area,which I've already started to do by putting sheets of green chicken wire panels in place against their open rail fencing to form a screen.
Plus on the same day at the same place I met the local lady vicor who thought my very simple to make system was great,and she said she would help to spread the word,and get her flock involved too.
At last I've found people who are doers who do their bit to help others in lots of different ways. If you missed me on TV last week,I'm on again this week at 10 30am one day.
I'm sorry if you are getting fedup with me keep on posting,but there are some people out there who want to know things,and there are some people who don't,anyway,
May we all live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
too.

Shirley

Hi John

I keep missing your TV appearances.... but as you appear to be repeated fairly regularly there still remains a chance that I might get to see you on there one day. I'll try and have a flick through the sky channels to see if I can catch it this week.

Glad to hear that you are finding folk locally that are supportive of your ideas.

All the best!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Shirlz2005 wrote:Hi John

I keep missing your TV appearances.... but as you appear to be repeated fairly regularly there still remains a chance that I might get to see you on there one day. I'll try and have a flick through the sky channels to see if I can catch it this week.

Glad to hear that you are finding folk locally that are supportive of your ideas.

All the best!
:mrgreen: Hi Shirlz2005,thank you once again for your support.
too.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

John...

I hate to say this, but i've just spent 10 days in some of the driest places on earth - the Jordanian Desert.

There is no way, no way at all that your idea would work there. The water in the containers would evaporate within hours if not minutes. There is no viable compost. none at all. veg scraps are either stewed and eaten, or sent to farms within the Jordan valley for use as vital fertiliser.

The only place that these people can raise crops is in the Jordan Valley where there is water for about 3 weeks a year.

Another major flaw in your plan to 'save the world' is that they don't use plastic bottles in the third world - they use glass ones. There is the odd coke bottle, or, as in India, there's Limca bottles that are plastic, but this is only in 500 or 600 ml size. They plainly do not have 6 pt, 4pt, 2pt, or even 1pt plastic milk bottles. They use milk churns and reused glass jars for transporting the milk.

Sorry to have to break the news to you, but i was interested in how your idea would work, so i spoke to a few local growers and local people who know about the growing seasons. They laughed and asked where to get the bottles, and then went on to explain that their fields are irrigated in strange ways to keep the water flowing far enough underground that the plants get it before the sun does. We left out a pint of water on a windowsill. it evaporated within 24 hours.

I also pitched your idea to some people in India. They also said that it would not work. The ground is good enough for them to grow what they need. They don't have vegetable scraps to make compost - it goes to the streets to feed the holy cows. They don't have milk bottles, they also have urns and milk markets where people take their own containers. There are no corner shops or supermarkets.

The were interested in the growing in a hole in the ground idea, then they showed me a field where they do it already. in fact, to be honest, they do everything in holes in the ground.

So sorry and all that, i'm glad your idea works for you, but it won't work in the third world i'm afraid, The weather conditions are far far too harsh.