Poorly cat

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Poorly cat

My oldest cat, Jack, has been a bit under the weather the last few weeks. His fur has become really thin and dry, lost a bit of weight, then put some of it back on. He's seemed quite Ok apart from that - playing with Siouxsie happily. But we've been keeping an eye on him and this week he seemed to go off his food and started making this horrendous dry-wretching noise as though he wanted to be sick.

So off to the vets yesterday and he thinks he might have a thyroid problem. As a nurse I know all about it in humans but apart from the things I can see I don't know how it affects cats.

Anyone know anything about this?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Poorly cat

Poor old Jack, if it is a thyroid problem the vet will soon sort it out with pills. I had a cat with that problem, and apart from getting the pills into him, he was fine and lived a normal life. Good luck, let us know how he goes on. I'm a very catty lady!! pbf.

Millymollymandy

Sorry not had experience of that but I hope he will be OK, presumably there is medication for it for cats just like with humans?
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

The vet gave him a B12 injection and he seems a bit perkier today - don't know if that's good or bad.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin