For all the Wiltshire Ishers!!

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

For all the Wiltshire Ishers!!

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can help me please with a very cheeky request please? Does anyone have a small hutch that they would be willing to part with?
I rescued two Guinea pigs today otherwise they where going to meet a very sad end, ie a bucket of water :(. I am going to make them their own area in the chicken house, but was hoping for a little house of their own.

Hope someone can help, thanks Nikki x
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

bonniethomas06

Re: For all the Wiltshire Ishers!!

Fraid not Nikki but I will keep an eye out on my local freecycle page.

Good for you though...poor little guinea pigs! :shock:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Millymollymandy

Oh poor guinea pigs - well happy ones now actually - good for you. :thumbright: :cheers: Hope someone can help you.

Will they get on with chickens or might the chooks think they are large rodents and pick on them?
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

shame your not closer, again! we've got two hutches empty at the moment, weepweeps are fab, how did hubby take the news?
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi Nikki

Can you wait till the weekend? I have a rabbit hutch that my bantams used to be in that you can borrow. I shall want it back when I get around to getting some bantams again but that won't be for a while (probably not until I finish this contract). It's in the shed at the mo and it needs to be cleaned so I can do that on Saturday.

Zoe

thesunflowergal

Hi All
The piggies are settling in well,considering we are their fifth home and thats from what I can work out.They seem happy and are eating like urrrm well pigs :iconbiggrin: . My girls have started giving them cuddles and have named them Dilbert and George. Its been 7 or 8 years since we have had guinea pigs and I had forgotten how much I like them.

Bonnie - Please keep an eye out for me that would be fab, thank you x
Sarah - We really need to move nearer to each other. I hope you find a nice home for Chick. x Kai still isn't happy, but he doesn't have to have anything to do with them.
MMM- My chook house has two floors. So the chooks are on bottom floor, and the "boys" are on the 6x1.5ft top floor.
Zoe - Thanks for the offer of the loan, but I will say no thank you. I would be worried incase they chewed it or it got damaged. x
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/