clearing garden

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
kevino
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: clearing garden

thanks old jerry but i think a pig is out of the question. not me but OH doesnt want any repeat any livestock

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Mine was dubious when she hooked up with me,nowadays I'm way down the pecking order! Seriously if that's the case you've only a few options,a long handled hook (hard going,but eventually very satisfying) a strimmer with ablade(also tough going,noisy and you will need gloves and strong clothing) or you may find your local hire shop has a wheeled mechanical scythe(with a sort of cutter bar on the front.) These aren't bad,but you'll still need the gloves.Best Wishes.

dottydoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

i have the same problem!! although it makes me cuckle when i see blackberry bushes for sale every where an i just want rid of them

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

My mum's latest 'thing' for no dig weeding is lasagne gardening!

http://organicgardening.about.com/od/st ... garden.htm

I'm really posting this more because it has a funny name than anything else. Am giving it a try today on a big section of garden which is mostly crow garlic, nettles etc. but don't know how you'd ever get rid of brambles to be honest. If You find out, let me know as we've got lots of those too! :pirate:

Jill

cocobelle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I used to have a back garden full of brambles and really the most effective way is to get as much of the root up as possible.
Organic Baby Clothes made with natural, sustainable fabrics.