Aga free to collector

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
Lucy Robyn
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Aga free to collector

We have decided not to keep the aga that came with the house. It's a two oven deluxe cream lump of metal. It's rusty, converted to gas (not sure if it's safe) and needs restoring. Our doors and drive are wide enough for removal whole but the lane is steep and narrow (transit largest van to access). There is room in the kitchen to dismantle it. It's been in Trade it (free) for two weeks without any interest. If it doesn't go soon my OH will dismantle (not very carefully) and scrap. If any one wants bits for spares feel free. I have photos but have no idea how to put them on this ad, I'll e-mail them to any one if you message me. We are in Axbridge somerset on Phone number removed by moderator

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Aga free to collector

Hi Lucy, I've removed your phone number from your post, we prefer no to have such personal details displayed so openly. If people want to take up your generous offer it would perhaps be more appropriate for them to PM you with their details
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

darkbrowneggs
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

If you have to scrap it you may be able to sell some of the bits such as the lids etc on ebay. - Just a thought :icon_smile:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Before you scrap it, why not try listing the whole thing on Ebay? Or maybe contact one of the sellers on Ebay that is near you. Some of them buy old stoves to do up and sell on. It would be a shame to scrap it.

Zoe

Lucy Robyn

Thanks for the ideas, scrapping is the last resort.