Waterproof children!!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Waterproof children!!

As I type my 3 kids (5,nearly 3 and 19mths!) Are all playing away in the front garden in the pouring rain!! The littlest tyke is soaked from playing in puddles, Valentina has a wet bum from going up and down the slide and Finley is explaining to the ferrets what's going on!! Amongst them all is the nutty cat that is obsessed with the kids chasing there feet like a looper!!
Its a joy to watch. They will get dried and changed when they get in, the fires roaring in preparation!! I wish all kids could experience this. So many now sit indoors in the rain on their computer consoles.
The highlight of their morning was being allowed in the main farm yard to watch mother goose take her 3 babies for their first adventure to the grass.
We may not have much money but I love the life we're giving r kids and I hope when they r older they will appreciate it too. Xx

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Waterproof children!!

Love it! My favourite quote from one of my student teaching presentations was "There's no such thing as bad weather, just unsuitable clothing"! This was in reference to nurseries where children get to play outdoors regardless of the weather.

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Here's nothing like splashing about in a rain storm! :iconbiggrin:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

sarahkeast
Living the good life
Living the good life

Puddles are written into sensory play lesson plans at my school. Seriously, they are part of the Forest schools curriculum and a valuable learning exploration for many of our kids who have so many sensory issues.

If you want validation read Richard Louv's Last Child in the Woods, lots of research based evidence about the seriousness of nature deficit disorder, scary reading, but so very pertinent.

My kids still like to do stuff like that when no one is looking and they are teens !
Sarah :flower:

Milims

When my kids were wee we had a big thunder storm. We shot outside in short sand tee shirts and danced about in the rain, splashed in puddles and cheered at the lightening! I'm sure that the neighbours must have thought we were loopy, but my kids aren't frighened of thunder anymore!
Since then, on numerous occasions the neighbourhood kids have come to knock on my door in a rain storm asking me to come out and play with them in the puddles :lol: It's realy good fun and the kids love it. It's sad that more "grown ups" (and in my case I use the term loosely!) don't join in!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!