Where there is no doctor

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where there is no doctor

Just found this book - could be a bit of a life saver I thought and great that the whole thing is beingoffered free online.

Anyone heard of it? Used it?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Where there is no doctor

Cant download the page - goes to the site then gets stuck at 14 or so KB out of 8 or so MB :( Otherwise, just get a blank page.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok try going through the site - a good resource too. http://www.hesperian.org/index.php
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

Got it now thanks. Looks every comprehensive for first aid and disease prevention with lots of stuff that can be translated across for use in the UK (seems to be aimed at African villages, where the nearest Dr is likely to do you more harm than good!)

Thanks for the link.

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

It's not bad, there's a lot of them on the website including where women have no doctor, where there is no midwife and where there is no dentist. I guess a lot of it can be applied to the UK even if it was written for health workers in third world countries and they're really interesting and educational. On the website there were also books about sanitation and the environment (the evironment book includes a section about how you shouldn't trust what the companies producing GM seeds tell you).
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

frozenthunderbolt
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have downloaded all 3 plus many others from around the web. If you want more med texts, esp emergency, trauma and battlefield medcine PM me a high capacity email acount and i'll try send you a zip file containing some more.
Jeremy Daniel Meadows. (Jed).

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honour and strength