What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

RAIN :cheers: . It may be soggy out there now, things aren't growing so well due to lack of sunshine but the grass is turning green and growing again, my veg patch has a swathe of green weedlings germinating :iconbiggrin: and everything living is sighing with relief, including me.

I am not particularly grateful for the fact that I got 3kg MORE bloomin' blackcurrants than last year though. :lol: No seriously I don't mind, just a bit surprised! :shock:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

That our (seriously cute!) building Inspector passed our loft conversion third stage with flying colours. We can finish it, sell the house & go now :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Mr. QB.

I've been poorly lately and it's highlighted how wonderful it is to have a tractor/wagon/crane to hand. He's just settled down and done all the heavy and hard work letting me confine myself to dibbing, harvesting and other such gentle tasks.

Thank you Mr. QB, wifely loves you.

misty44
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm grateful for the rain we have had this week, the beautiful petunias which have flowered this week, the amount of pods on my beans (I'm still feeling immense surprise that I am actually producing our own food), being able to potter about in the garden in the evenings (especially in the rain), the apple trees which I planted earlier this year which are producing fruit, the special offers on perennials which will fill a big border next year at less than half the cost if I had bought them earlier this year, being able to plant out loads of flowers which has left me with tens of pots which I can now use to keep sprouts and squash in until the potatoes have been lifted and I have room to plant them out, for this website and the wonderful people who contribute to it and most importantly if anyone has read any of my previous posts, the weekend!

Misty

Milims

You lot and your sanity! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

JulieSherris

Not exactly 'Ishy'... BUT the main thing I am grateful for this week is that my eldest daughter is at her house, very much alive.

She went off to Monaghan on Thursday morning to see the boyfriend for a couple of days. Was two thirds of the way there, a torrential shower occurred, went round a tight left hand bend, aquaplaned (probably) lost control of the car, headed across the road, towards an 8 foot drop into a field via a few hawthorn trees, the car rolled 2 & 1/2 times, landing on the roof a mere 6 inches away from a very large tree.
Taking all of the 'what ifs' into consideration, (and seeing the place on google maps) she was very lucky to get out through the window in one piece - battered & bruised, cut & grazed, but alive.

It since emerges that 5 people have been killed on that bend this year alone...... :shaking:

And the first question that Leah asked when I broke the news? "Is her hair ok??" :lol: :dontknow:

The car is totalled, the farmer guy who turned it over, pulled it out & then cleared the contents for the tow truck even popped the 2 x 20 cents into a bag that she keeps for shopping trollies in the glove box!

So yeah, not an Ishy gratefulness, but gratefulness all the same.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Omg Julie, I'm so so glad she is alright, I'm sure she needed to change her pants after that!! ;) Cars can be replaced. What a sweet farmer helping her, I always stop at accidents if I havnt the kids with me and see if I can help because I always stand by I would like someone to do that for me.
R u ok? I'm sure that was a huge shock getting that news.
Sending u all loads of love n hugs. Xxx

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Julie - so glad to hear that your daughter walked away from this. In some respects you can worry a little less often as they get older = but the minute cars are involved..............

On the ish front - I'm thankful for the carousel from the inside of a neighbour's cupboard I've just rescued from their skip. It's now turned into a lovely two-tier patio stand for my tomato plants :flower:

Also, for the lovely afternoon at Woodbrooke yesterday - the Quaker college opens it's grounds just for one afternoon each year and sitting overlooking the lake eating cream tea with my mum :iconbiggrin: and listening to a jazz band was blissful. If only I could have taken their walled veg garden home with me.

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:grouphug: glad your daughter is ok Julie

ishy - freecycly - finding a scout group that needed our old canvas tents, and knowing they'll be put to good use (although I was threatening to re make them into shopping bags/veg store bags)
and
having lettuces in the kitchen windowbox and an inward opening window :cooldude:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Milims

Being able to pop out into the garden to pick the herbs for a spag bol that would probably cost a fortune in the supermarket! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

StripyPixieSocks

Nature... it's free and it's WONDERFUL!!!!

I#m loving Cornwall very much lately... if it's possible to love it anymore than I already do :scratch: