Practical Selfsufficiency by Dick and James Strawbridge

By popular demand - The book review section.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Practical Selfsufficiency by Dick and James Strawbridge

Bought this because we liked "it's not that easy being green" on the BBC a few years back. Excellently presented and we've made several of the things from it and the instructions were really clear. Alongside the Hamilton boys' bible it's become indespensible in our household. Mind you building a waterwheel still looks pretty daugnting! It covers alot of the same sort of ground as the selfsufficientish bible but there are alot of different things to try and even when the same end products are covered the "recipes" are different. We've actually found that using both together has yielded some really nice things. Current project-Calendula Hand Scrub.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Practical Selfsufficiency by Dick and James Strawbridge

Agreed, great book, just finished the composting toilet, Willow stuff great. Went and had Lunch there last year, very good event.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/