This is what sheets are for right?

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Keaniebean
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: This is what sheets are for right?

yay, Chickenchargrill, do it :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I just wish they did more patterns in my size! I have loads of sheets left. I have so many REALLY garish ones too, mwhahaha
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I hate burda patterns. I love what's made out of them, I just hate tracing the buggers lol!!

I do love making things from pillowcases and duvet covers. soooo much really good quality fabric for so little money!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Keaniebean

I attacked the table cloth and finished this one last night! Only kidding, I had to buy this fabric new, but it was only £2 a metre, enough for thre dresses for Emily. :cheers: i did halfinch the zip from something though.
This was a burda pattern that was advertised as a child witches costume, but it's just a simple dress when you make it from a table cloth.

Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

red

excellent work
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Millymollymandy

Ha ha I was picturing white sheets for some reason but thought only Keaniebean could make something other than a ghost outfit out of one..... so got a bit of a shock seeing the first one - thought you had kinky sheets :lol: but now I realise it was a duvet cover. :iconbiggrin:

They are wonderful :cheers: especially the first one - love those colours and would like a duvet cover like that myself. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

green_pea
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I want the second one, it's gorgeous (just realised we have curtains of a similar pattern in the dining room, hmmm... :iconbiggrin: ) The dress you made for your little girl is very cute too.

MEL78
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

they are all fab..and .have put me in mind to try to get a sewing machine on freecyle....

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

They are seriously AWESOME!!! Loving them all, but the first one is amazing!!! I heart it big time

Shirley

they are fab - i love the colours in the top one.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

happyhippy

Wow clever lady!!!! I wish I could sew!Love the garden too!xx

Lillia
Tom Good
Tom Good

Keaniebean wrote:I have been wearing the same old clothes for way too long, to the point that i'm inadvertantly exposing bits that really shouldn't be exposed so I've been busy finding the most garish sheets and duvet covers trying to clothe myself in a slightly more respectable manner. Here are three of my attempts so far, check out the lovely back gate and dead hanging basket too. I've even used a little sellotape to help show you the shapes of the dresses a bit better. Classy bint me :iconbiggrin: Who needs exotic locations when you have such a wonderful back gate and sellotape! :wink:

They look every bit like a woman wearing a duvet when I wear them, but at least I'm not flasing me butt cheeks when I don't realise it :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is what I do! I scour the charity shops for sheets and duvet covers for the fabric~ and no, they DON'T look like a woman wearing a duvet; you have done a beautiful job!
:flower:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Keaniebean wrote:Who needs exotic locations when you have such a wonderful back gate and sellotape! :wink:
When I was at art college we had a guy who wanted to be a fashion designer and he used to photograph his models wearing his creations in the grottiest of places, old building sites, down by the railway, round the back of warehouses, the grungier the better. Your back gate is positively paradise in comparison. It worked though.

Zoe

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

they're fantastic! :flower:
thats a grate idea to recycle old bed sheets. you allways end up with loads that dont match.
thanks for the link to the patterns, im defo gonna give it a go when i get some free time :iconbiggrin:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love the second one!

I think my sister's got the duvet cover for the third one...I'll have to wait until she gets rid of it ;)

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

umm

am i the only one here whose old sheets & duvet covers are in worse condition than my old clothes?

great recycling anyway!