Shopping for pleasure?????

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Shopping for pleasure?????

Deary me, you do get tetchy, dont you! :icon_smile:
Last edited by RuthG on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Is it my age or my ish-ness that I no longer even contemplate fashion shopping, but get excited if I find a decent hardware store :iconbiggrin:

My only exception to "normal" shops at all is Selfridges (Birmingham) food hall - strangely enough I can't afford to do that often :(

My local Sally Army charity shop is great too - but there again, I have no sense of smell so what do I know :wink:

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I shop for pleasure - in the garden centre! I'm a kid in a sweetie shop, even if I don't buy anything, I have to look at everything and it still gives me pleasure 'window shopping' in there. :flower:

Most times the thought of shopping in clothes shops is abhorent and I feel so frumpy/fashionless just walking into any type of boutique and I always feel people are staring at me and I'm too old/frumpy and shouldn't be there. Nearly everything in 'boutiques' looks like something I wouldn't be seen dead in anyway :dontknow: :(

However on the rare occasions I am in England I turn into a complete shopaholic in places like M&S and you can't keep me out of there :lol: it's totally anonymous, I spend a fortune, I have a great time and then that's me done for the next year or two! Plus they have LONG jeans - something not really known in France!!!!!!! :cheers:

Don't have charity shops here but I'm not surprised - everyone's like me and wears clothes they've possessed for 20 years anyway and when they're done with they are used as rags. :lol: (Actually no choice since they took away the clothes recycling bins :roll: )
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Flo

Yep - why not? Just don't do it very often. :iconbiggrin:

happyhippy

Yes I do shop for pleasure,but thats only because I go shopping once maybe every 6 mths!My OH works for a supermarket warehouse so he does the grocery shop when we need stuff.Our nearest city is Bath and its a beautiful place,so on the odd occasion we do go shopping,I do really enjoy the experience.We usually have lunch out somewhere to break it up abit which helps.I usually take a week off sometime in November to Xmas shop,then wrap the presents,buy and write the cards and what not so I don't have to do it rushing around trying to fit it in with work.

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

noplasticbags wrote:Is it my age or my ish-ness that I no longer even contemplate fashion shopping, but get excited if I find a decent hardware store :iconbiggrin:
Me too! We have two old-fashioned hardware stores in Aberystwyth - two! :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

little blue duck
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

snapdragon wrote: just now gathering courage to go buy milk from the soopermkt and i so don't want to go :( but I want a cuppa tea.
Buy a goat!
If we run out of milk, we just pop out to Geraldine & have a quick squeeze in exchange for a bit of grub!! :lol:

On the shopping front ... I dislike clothes shopping, and loathe buying shoes.
Charity shops, DIY and places that sell stuff for livestock are much more my line!
But I refuse to buy :study: at Oxfam - too expensive! :iconbiggrin:

And I dont like it when its busy, or the supermarket moves stuff round :banghead:

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Zech wrote:
noplasticbags wrote:Is it my age or my ish-ness that I no longer even contemplate fashion shopping, but get excited if I find a decent hardware store :iconbiggrin:
Me too! We have two old-fashioned hardware stores in Aberystwyth - two! :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
And from what I recall you have decent health food shops :cooldude: That plus the sea - I'm very jealous :pirate:

that_sarah_girl
Tom Good
Tom Good

I work in the centre of Manchester, going round the shops in my lunch break is bad enough during the week, let alone going round them at weekends! I don't mind the shops, I just hate people...

I like to do most of my clothes shopping online or looking through catalogues

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I hit the ace "Mary's Meals" in Oban at lunch and got 4 books (in great condition and in no way smelling of urine - 2 for me and 2 for a workmate in hospital) and a new cat basket (wicker and very cute) for £4!

:cheers:

boboff

Yeah!

Books are exempt from Wee issue!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

bonniethomas06

I generally agree with all of the above (not the wee smell bit) but it was not always so. I rememeber many a day spent in the Oracle in Reading, feeling a bubble of delight spring up in my stomach at a lovely pretty new outfit or sexy pair of sunglasses and of feeling like a fashionable, sexy presentable person wearing it - the pleasure in taking it out of the uncreased glossy carrier bag at home, when I would lie my purchases out on my bed and enjoy 'bonding' with them...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to go back to being a worshipper of consummerism, but lets be honest, being 'ish' and wearing a pair of cutoff wellies all the time, jeans covered in soil and my hair up in a scruffy topknot (as there is not much point when I am going to be mucking out chickens all day) isn't exactly sexy is it? Maybe it is in a kind of Barbara Good way, but I don't feel much like a vixen these days, whereas I did once, in a new dress and earrings and a gorgeous unscuffed pair of shoes.

Remember, even Barbara Good needed a new dress and dinner at a resteraunt, just once.....
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

boboff

Bonnie........

Denim

Tied Back Hair

Feathery Wellies.........................

Twinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Sorry.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

I LOVE the Oracle and Reading - it has two whole department stores (no such thing where I live) and I get to go browse through knitting wool and kitchen gadgets and shiney new expensive saucepans ..... oh it is sheer heaven! Plus loads of great restaurants there too!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bonniethomas06

boboff wrote:Bonnie........

Denim

Tied Back Hair

Feathery Wellies.........................

Twinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Sorry.
God bless you Boboff :lol:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com