Early Mid Life Crisis

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Early Mid Life Crisis

Good for you, and good luck with everything. Life's too short to be unhappy :iconbiggrin:

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

That is so brilliant :iconbiggrin:

You must congratulate yourself on having not wasted a big chunk of your life. I work as a paralegal and love what I do, but the extra stress the lawyers in my office are under is immense - so I understand you wanting to keep your skills up, but at a comfortable level.

There is nothing better for the soul than being surrounded by flowers and veg :flower: :flower:

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Thanks guys, I should have known you lot would understand.
Thomzo wrote:Good for you. Your legal training won't be wasted, you can always fall back on it.

I have been trying to get out of accountancy for the last 10 years and have never quite had the guts to do what you did so I really admire you.

Zoe
Zoe, what would you do if you weren't an accountant? Something arts related I would assume?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

well done! Be happy! :flower:
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Good for you, not such a midlife crisis, rather a break for,

:cheers: FREEDOM :cheers:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

bonniethomas06 wrote:Zoe, what would you do if you weren't an accountant? Something arts related I would assume?
Absolutely, I'm heavily into patterns and fabric at the moment. I loved doing the arts trail back in May and it's really inspired me to get on with doing something. I've half a website set up, half a product range designed and saved up half the money for a large-format printer so that I can print my own fabric and wrapping paper. Now, I just need half a job as I don't even have half the time I need at the moment.

That's why I'm so inspired by you going for it. :cheers:

Hey, if you get a shop can I come and join you?

Zoe

tisme
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Money might be tight but you will be rich in happiness. I know which one I'd rather. Well done.

bonniethomas06

Thomzo wrote:
bonniethomas06 wrote:Zoe, what would you do if you weren't an accountant? Something arts related I would assume?
Absolutely, I'm heavily into patterns and fabric at the moment. I loved doing the arts trail back in May and it's really inspired me to get on with doing something. I've half a website set up, half a product range designed and saved up half the money for a large-format printer so that I can print my own fabric and wrapping paper. Now, I just need half a job as I don't even have half the time I need at the moment.

That's why I'm so inspired by you going for it. :cheers:

Hey, if you get a shop can I come and join you?

Zoe
Of course you can! We could have a gift shop/forists! (in about ten years when I have qualified and my market garden is producing anything worth having!)

Seriously though, can't you register with a couple of agencies and just put the feelers out for a part time job? I know quite a few part time accountants, or could you go self employed and do consultancy work?

I hope you go for it, your designs are lovely, it would be a shame to waste that talent. :flower:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Milims

Well done you very brave lady! :cheers:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Thomzo

bonniethomas06 wrote:Of course you can! We could have a gift shop/forists! (in about ten years when I have qualified and my market garden is producing anything worth having!)

Seriously though, can't you register with a couple of agencies and just put the feelers out for a part time job? I know quite a few part time accountants, or could you go self employed and do consultancy work?

I hope you go for it, your designs are lovely, it would be a shame to waste that talent. :flower:
Ah bless you, :hugish:

I quite fancy the idea of a small cafe/gift shop/florist. It would be a lovely place to work. Hmmm, it's certainly getting my brain going.

pelmetman

Only your first :dontknow: .................I'm 53 and about to have my third or is it fourth :lol:

We have decided to sell up and clear off in our elderly camper, people we have told all think we are mad :mrgreen:

Trouble is now days people get on the tread mill and can only see the mortgage, 2.5 kids, pension etc etc and at the end of the tunnel :shock:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clear off to where, you buggers!!!

We're not going to lose you, are we?

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Thomzo

pelmetman wrote:We have decided to sell up and clear off in our elderly camper, people we have told all think we are mad :mrgreen:
Wow, how exciting. Where are you planning on going?

The only people who think you are mad are those that would love to do it too but don't have the guts.

Keep in touch.

Zoe

battybird

Thats really great, Bonnie! Wish you every joy...being poor is much easier if you are getting some enjoyment out of your job! It took me ages to work out that going part-time actually saved me money; I was spending on driving a second car, having "quick" more expensive meals as there was no time to do anything else, posher clothes for work meetings etc.. Save money as have time to grow, bake and make instead of buying!! I was really lucky to start with as the NHS let me job share working a week or 2weeks on / off which worked great for a couple of years till my partner got another job! Then went part time and dropped a grade to reduce stress, now I have just gone one further and given up the part-time job to do agency nursing still in my speciality so lots of work. Lower pay, less stress, more choice of hours...thats the idea, anyway. I am trying to work for living not live to work!
Pelmetman...I am jealous! Sounds like fun.. :flower:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

pelmetman

We will spend most of our time in France and Spain, but looking into Portugal, Italy and poss Greece.

We have to sell our house first, so we are trying to not get too excited but who knows.

Of course we will miss our garden but we have lots of family/friends scattered around who we plan on helping out from time to time SO if you have space for one old camper to park up for a week or two in exchange for helping out in the garden please let us know.

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy