My Lovely Pooch

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

My Lovely Pooch

This is Libby, my brand new pup.

We decided to go for it now that I am working part time and just down the road. She is totally gorgeous - still really timid and hiding behind a chair most of the time, but get her on your lap and she drops straight off to sleep. She is a Schnauzer/Jack Russell cross and so far, we haven't heard her bark.
293507_10150362295761212_751586211_10360878_8191753_n.jpg
293507_10150362295761212_751586211_10360878_8191753_n.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
The only problem so far is toilet training - she can't go outside for another week, and although sometimes she does it on newspaper, most of the time she poos on the carpet. This isn't a major problem as we were expecting it. But has anyone got any tips on doggy toilet training?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Loobyloo
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: My Lovely Pooch

Oh my god, cutest pup i've seen in a long time! :iconbiggrin:

happyhippy

Awww How cute!Toilet training.Yes you're right to expect some accidents but you can minimise them quite alot.During the day(and night when you're still up)when your puppy eats/drinks,wait a couple of minutes,keep a close watch,and carry them outside to the lawn.To start with it'll seem they are wasting alot of your time,they'll smell around,chase anything that moves ect but be patient,you might spend 15-20 minutes each time waiting.If it does'nt do anything,then bring it back inside.Just act matter of factly,like it does'nt matter!When it does do its business outside offer lots of praise and look happy! :iconbiggrin:As soon as my dog woke up I would automatically bring it outside and wait,,,and wait........be patient (lol)and sooner or later your dog will just go to the back door,and all you'll have to do is open it!So summing up......after waking and meal times take outside and anything in between,keep a close watch and if they suddenly start smelling the floor,carry outside!Good luck and how lucky to have such a cute dog!xx

little blue duck
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

she's absolutely gorgeous!

aussietail
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I totally agree with 'hippy hoppy' - with a couple of additions - I was told to remember that in the beginning, the less accidents the pup had in the house, the less he would have as he got older!
Our latest Aussie pup (born April 2010) was treated as 'hippy hoppy' suggested, and from coming into our house as an 8 week old pup was dry and clean, day and night - this is pretty good going in my book - but we did have the advantage of her being No.6 pup in our house (over the last few years) and being in a cage overnight and having access to a dog-door almost full time, and having a fully house trained dog as a good rolemodel!
My sister has a Jack Russell who has house trained herself by hopping in and out the garden through the cat flap! So that's worth a thought!

aussietail
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Oops....sorry - I typed hippy hoppy (twice) instead of happy hippy <gulp>

Millymollymandy

aussietail wrote:Oops....sorry - I typed hippy hoppy (twice) instead of happy hippy <gulp>
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute puppy Bonnie! :hugish:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Milims

Awwwww! Daily squeee achieved! :iconbiggrin:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!