Men Only

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

Men Only

Te sEco value twin blade razors are 10 for 35p or something, I find them brilliant for one shave, once a week! Cheap.

Clinique also do a soap in a box, its £11 but with an old fashioned brush it gives a great shave and lasts about 2 years, cheaper than foam!

Enjoy.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

pelmetman

Re: Men Only

Coming from 4 generations of hairdressers :oops: .........I never waste money on these foams :roll: ..... just use ordinary soap........... :cooldude:

Dave :pirate:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

grahamhobbs

I use single blades, last for ages and if you are really mean you can strop them, my dad had a special box, but to be honest I don't bother.
As for soap, I do have proper shaving soap in a bowl, easy to find in France, not so easy here these days, but actually I find the missus's ordinary soap lathers up even better. Foam is a complete rip off and ecologically dead unsound, can't imagine any isher using it.

gregorach

Back when I used to shave, I preferred shaving oil over either soap or foam... Lasts for ages.

if I'd kept it up, I probably would have ended up with a straight razor sooner or later. I hate disposable things, and I like sharpening...
Cheers

Dunc

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dunc and I are both in the beard club. Saves more money than any other method of shaving.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Potter's Farm
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

But its so prickly to kiss!! Will pass on the suggestions about shaving brushes and soap to my occasionally slightly bearded husband, the beard comes off when he requires a proper snog. :lol:

pelmetman

I still have some cut throat razors that my old man gave me, when he thought I was going to join the business............. to practice shaving with :shock:............I tried.....I got within 1" of my chin once :shaking:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

southeast-isher

I get the own-brand razors one-up from the value. And i use aqueous cream at the moment for foam.

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

Just to be a smart a*se and pop up uninvited, this info is good for ladies who shave legs etc too and we usually shave more area than you fellows (unless you have a very large head):P so have more need for said razors!
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

The Riff-Raff Element

Jessiebean wrote:Just to be a smart a*se and pop up uninvited, this info is good for ladies who shave legs etc too and we usually shave more area than you fellows (unless you have a very large head):P so have more need for said razors!
Ah, but we have higher hair density and tougher barbs (for the most part), so the technology and materials required are different. Personally, these days, I shave with a blade taken from a Stanley knife and lube up with Swarfega.

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

well lady shavers are (for the most part) rubbish and gimmicky and utterly useless and now I just steal one from my husband (but NOT the one he is currently using- that is just mean and blunts the blade)... I have known some women who could rival density and barbs of any man though...funnily enough they are often the women who stop shaving
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

John Headstrong

I read a article in ethical consumer 20 odd years ago about the environmental affects of shaving, the best eco wise was a cut throat and brush/soap.

I couldn't handle that,also being young and a traveller/squatter/raver/protester I would have got arrested for having one in my bag. So I dropped to the next best which was brush/soap with changeable blade (it has the smallest amount of plastic to chuck out.) I have converted many people to it in my time.

I am not a heavy shaver, almost 40 and I don't think I could grow a beard.

Carltonian Man

Instead of shaving soap/oil etc. for a really smooth shave try cheapo hair conditioner.

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

For some reason shaving has never been my thing, luckily Jane loves a beard.
:lol:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Having just moved house I seem to have lost my razor and I'm dammed if I'm going to buy another. So at the moment I have a beard and I do every few weeks. Who needs to be clean shaven every day? I'm sure its not good for the skin.

But yep, when I do shave I use shaving cream costing £7 but still not used even a quater of it in 2 years. Along with a badger hair brush (present) and a safety razor with changable blade. Did try a cut throat but didn't have the patience for it.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging