Alternatives to the Mooncup? (a women only thread i guess!)

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
awwrora
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Alternatives to the Mooncup? (a women only thread i gues

partypantspads.com
love them! reusable pads, simple

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

Thank goodness for this thread. I got my mooncup in last night and had a fine night but oh my it hurt when I took it out- then I paniced a bit when putting it in again and had to give up in a cold sweat- OUCH! But will try again after reading all the posts. Wish me luck....

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

Ok so had successful time with mooncup, but am using it with washable pads. Must admit that I now understand why I had to change tampons so much- can't believe how much they collect was trying to tell other 'alf but he paled somewhat! I would say try again if it's painful as I've had no problem second time around.

Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Glad it's worked out. If it is painful when removing it, it could be that you aren't releasing the airlock. Try carefully squeezing it before pulling it down - not too much or things will get messy, but enough to let a little bit of air past. It might make a "shqulup" sort of noise which you may think everyone in the house can hear :lol: Also, you say you're still having to use pads. I still do if I'm particularly heavy, but most of the time I don't need to. I did at first, and then I realised that I leak when I cleaned it out with loo roll but not when I rinsed it out, so I think when it's wet you get a better seal. This is where I wish my loo had a wash basin in it :roll: . Perhaps a bit of KY would help with the seal?
Rosey xx

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

i agree with rosey about taking it out.
i give mine a nip and then a slight fold so it resembles somewhat how it went in.
yeah, but if you loose grip when your taking it out and it expands again it is painful.
mine has only leaked when iv got up in the morning when iv had a heavy flow. i change it regularly when its heavy like that to prevent leaks, but obviously i cant change it when im sleeping so thats how it can fill up and i have to make a quick dash to the toilet when i wake up.
but i can handle that, im never going back to tampons or pads, i am a full mooncup convert!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had mine for about 8 years now...

I still love it!

For public toilets, try just wiping it with some tissue.

For the two-handers:

***MAYBE TMI***

Use you little finger and index finger to spread yourself a bit, push down (liking giving birth i understand) and use the middle finger to feel for the bottom, then stick middle finger and thumb up and grab the bottom. Squeeze the bottom slightly and ease forwards, then, as the cup moves down, aim the rim backwards so that anything inside will pour out into the loo rather than over your hands.

Hopefully, you should be one-handed in no time!

Whoever zapped the triple post - ta! I didn't realise til i got back after class.