Boosting immune system and antibiotics

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: Boosting immune system and antibiotics

have you tried goats milk? its better for people who are lactose intollerent because its got lower levels of lactose than cows milk and its generally less of an allergen.
when i was a baby i was allergic to cows milk ( giving me terrible excema all over my body) my mum switched me to goats milk and hey presto, it all cleared up.
i wouldnt advise giving raw milk to kids though, especially kids with low immunity, theres a risk of passing on infection from raw milk. pasturising kills off any bacteria/viruses in the milk making it safe to drink.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi Demi

No we have not tried goats milk but only because I have a bit of a yuk factor with animal products (I am vegetarian). Maybe I will give it a try. He seems to be building back up now I think (fingers crossed) after back to back colds.

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

Helsbells

I was wondering where you can buy raw milk in the UK, is it legal to sell it? I can't drink milk either as it makes me very snotty (allergic rhinitis) but I would be interested to try raw milk if I knew where to get it.

Also I read that natural yoghurt is just as good as pro-biotic drinks and much cheaper.

I have used a few things to help with infections in soft tissue (I used to get terribly infected gums) including bee pollen, bee propolis, royal jelly (bee products are good) and I also used a liquid called colloidal silver which is supposed to kill bacteria. I had some success with these products, but when it got really bad I am afraid I had to go with the anti biotics. (which is why I had the tooth pulled in the end).

demi

i dont believe it is legal to sell unpasturized milk in the UK because of the risk of infection from contaminated milk.
however, as i said above, people who react badly to cows milk are generally fine with goats milk, which you can buy from the super market.
if you really dont like goats milk iv seen an advert for cows milk on tv thats supposed to be fine for people who are allergic, cant remember the name of it though.......

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Helsbells

It's called lacto-free but it still aggravates my nose, plus they don't do an organic version which I am not happy about because I don't want all those chemicals.

demi

you should give goats milk a try.
iv gave goats milk to people without telling them and they havent noticed the difference.
you cant tell at all if its mixed with somthing (cerial/tea/hotchocolate/used in cooking) its only really noticable if you get a glass of cows milk and a glass of goats and try to tell the difference.
goats milk is way better for you anyway, its the closest milk to human milk.

http://www.healthnews-nz.com/goatsmilk.html

here is some interesting information on the benifits of goats milk over cows milk in people with allergies.
Last edited by demi on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bristolbelle
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 51.416709
longitude: 2.617750

I used to have a gift shop which sold hand made bath and body products. I did a trial with my yongest daughter who had very bad ezczma. The soap was called "honey bee good" by bomb cosmetics. It contains honey ( no kidding) and tea tree oil. If you google it I think you can buy it online directly from them. Or at least be able to find your nearest supplier. It worked very well for my daughter and a few customers with scoriasis used to swear by it as well. The honey is soothing on the skin. Hope this helps. :wave:
Louise x
The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.
My blog...
http://louisesetter.blogspot.com/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Helsbells wrote:I was wondering where you can buy raw milk in the UK, is it legal to sell it? I can't drink milk either as it makes me very snotty (allergic rhinitis) but I would be interested to try raw milk if I knew where to get it.
It's not only not illegal but you can buy online! The London branch of the Weston A. Price Foundation have lots of info on buying raw milks, yoghurts and cheese suppliers.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

The Riff-Raff Element

Green Aura wrote:
Helsbells wrote:I was wondering where you can buy raw milk in the UK, is it legal to sell it? I can't drink milk either as it makes me very snotty (allergic rhinitis) but I would be interested to try raw milk if I knew where to get it.
It's not only not illegal but you can buy online! The London branch of the Weston A. Price Foundation have lots of info on buying raw milks, yoghurts and cheese suppliers.
I believe the processed food lobby in some corners of the world have managed to get raw milk products banned (the US?) and I think attempts have been made in the UK, but the science is pretty clear on this one: provided that proper hygiene is adhered to, raw milk and its products are safe and healthy.

Here in France it is widely regarded as a health food and pretty much every supermarket I've been to sells the stuff as do the Bio and wholefood shops. There are increasing numbers of vending machines appearing on places like garage forecourts dispensing the stuff. The upsurge in demand has been a real shot in the arm for small dairy farmers 'cos it's got them out of the clutches of the big dairy processors and they can actually make a living.

demi

i allways boil the milk, just to be safe :)
i wouldnt risk my kis getting berculosis.