Madonna

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Madonna

:shock: I was watching bbc news this morning and heard that madonna has never cooked a meal in her entire life !!!!!!!! my goodness what are these people doing, how pretentious can these people get, i have never been a star gazer but how many of the rich are the same, probably quite a few i guess :roll: they are so rich that they don,t live in the real world like we do, it makes me wonder why some people are jelous of thier riches, i'm certainly not if thats what its like, she has never had the joy of seeing someone's face light up with joy with something that you have cooked, and the feeling of contentment of what you have achieved, i feel sorry for her :roll:
:flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Madonna

I have to agree Russ.

I used to think that the strings of broken marriages amongst the rich and famous was something to do with their being really talented and so deeply in character they couldn't discern their real feelings (well the actors anyway). But I think you're right, it's more that they're so disconnected from real life, never make anything, never do anything for anyone else, are surrounded by yes men (and undoubtedly women) and live such totally unreal lives that nothing is sustainable.

Aren't we lucky to be poor :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

The Riff-Raff Element

I'm not sure that she's that interested in food anyway. Doesn't she live on blended grass or something?

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

I seem to remember that Madonna insists that her personal chef prepares her meal on every plane that she flies on.
I guess she doesn't fly Ryanair :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Stonehead

I've known a few people who never cooked in their lives. Most weren't rich. Most were men who'd first had their Mum to cook for them, then lived on takeouts until they found a girlfriend/wife prepared to cook for them. Having said that, I had a female boss who'd decided, at an early age, that it was a feminist point of principle to never cook for anyone including herself.

Helsbells

Good grief, imagine if you just wanted a quick scrambled egg on toast or something and having to ask your chef to make it?!

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

As some-one who never prepares food if I can help it, (hubby even makes most of our sandwiches!) I don't feel I can comment. :lol:

MW

PS I can cook I just seriously dislike doing so
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Stonehead

MuddyWitch wrote:As some-one who never prepares food if I can help it, (hubby even makes most of our sandwiches!) I don't feel I can comment. :lol:

MW

PS I can cook I just seriously dislike doing so
The OH is the same, which suits me. I prefer to do all the cooking. All she has to do is enjoy it.

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

I cook because i enjoy it, and Jane doe's when her arthiritus allows her but there is being just lazy if you are that rich you just pay someone to do it that in my book is terrible, it reminds me of the day when people were in service, my nan was in service she was a scullery maid, so that makes me a common man ...........Excellent and i'm proud to be that way, i'm with you green aura poor and proud :lol: :flower: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ