Iran

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Iran

Hope your'e right Mike,it just seems to me that one state initiating a nuclear strike is not much different from large-scale suicide bombing...anyhow what got me talking about this?..see what happens when you go on the wagon..!?

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Mike
I often wonder who knows what and about whom, for example maybe the Russians Do know where all our subs are. I recall the Fake Rock in the park episode of our Intelligent agency, amateurish to say the least, so I don't put much faith in what we are told.
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm probaby outing myself as a conspiracy nut but I suspect there are ranks of civil servants who are really the ones in control and won't let the worst happen. I've worked with some EU and UN departments and there's more dialogue on a daily basis with Iran and DPR Korea then is portrayed in the media.

My little chap would like to say, "hoo" and has added a splodge of milky sick to the debate. :hugish:

bonniethomas06

Oooh don't know what to make of it all but suddenly self sufficiency is looking attractive again...
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

gregorach

boboff wrote:My Grandmother when I was a child often said there will be three world wars and after the world will be ruled by a yellow race, I always assumed she was quoting from the Bible?
Sounds like Nostradamus to me...

Of course, what you consider a "world war" is very much a matter of opinion and perspective...
Ellendra wrote:Hate to add to the tension, but Iran already has the capability to explode an EMP that could knock out electronics over most of a continent.
Colour me sceptical.
Cheers

Dunc

grahamhobbs

Just to remind people that the Shah of Iran started the development of an atomic bomb, aided of course by the West who helped build the initial equipment. After the revolution the Iranians abandoned it, considering it un-Islamic, however when Iraq, backed by the US, waged war against them they changed their mind and felt the necessity to have such weapons.

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

grahamhobbs wrote:Just to remind people that the Shah of Iran started the development of an atomic bomb, aided of course by the West who helped build the initial equipment. After the revolution the Iranians abandoned it, considering it un-Islamic, however when Iraq, backed by the US, waged war against them they changed their mind and felt the necessity to have such weapons.
Yes, the West seem to convienently forget how much help and money they gave these countries in the past when they decide they want to take something from them. I'm minded to quote BYOB by System of a Down but I won't put it on here due to the number of expletives.

Ellendra

clanpowell wrote:Yes, the West seem to convienently forget how much help and money they gave these countries in the past when they decide they want to take something from them.

Past politicians made as many mistakes as the current ones are making now?

John Headstrong

I think this sums it up well.
iran2.jpg
iran2.jpg (101.43 KiB) Viewed 4219 times

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

I don't imagine that anyone thinks that Iran is directly threatening the US. Rather that any nuke going off in the region would create an even (vastly)more unstable situation in the area than exists at present. Something I would've thought any sane person would wish to avoid.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

merlin
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 42.165085
longitude: 26.567146

I am too up on history, I recon you would have to find a whole bunch of complete nutters to even think about using a nuke, what was that about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was that Russia, China or some other crack pot? :salute:
A few short films of us making home made food and drink in Bulgaria
http://inbulgaria.co.uk/