Fat Chart by Country.

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Fat Chart by Country.

I'm always surprised Italy comes so low as I always have an image (yeah from telly probably) of rather large ladies (just like in Greece) cooking and eating a lot of pasta. Mind you the last time I was in Greece in 2000 I was amazed at how much women in general had slimmed down from when I first visited in the late 1970s.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Strange how Ireland is thirteenth - a vast proportion of people are overweight. Maybe they're not classed as 'obese'. But the ratio of fat to thin is, ermmm, gross.

I think it's significant that, in the veggie/vegan group here in this county, I've made around forty to fifty new acquaintances and only two are in any way overweight, one of them only marginally so.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

merlin
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 42.165085
longitude: 26.567146

I also read fart chart :iconbiggrin:

Anyway, interesting about the people in Japan, I don't use sugar either. I firmly belive that all sugar should be totally fermented out!

Mind you, lots of yeasts farting alot in that process :oops:
A few short films of us making home made food and drink in Bulgaria
http://inbulgaria.co.uk/

greenorelse

merlin wrote:Anyway, interesting about the people in Japan, I don't use sugar either.
Coincidentally, a work colleague said to me about two weeks ago, "What kind of sugar do you buy? I'm trying to get something a bit healthier." I was struggling to remember the last time we bought sugar. We have some raw organic agave syrup, some organic molasses and some - ah yes, a small bag of organic rapadura, I recall seeing it in the cupboard. I'm not really sure why we have them, tbh but at least they keep for donkeys.

It's, I dunno, a little bit eye-opening seeing people buy multiple big bags of white sugar on a regular basis. People are odd, don't you think?
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

I think I read - on here! - that the Japanese don't use much sugar and aren't very fat but use a lot of salt and suffer ill affect from that.

I don't really know if that's true though!!

Millymollymandy

There's a lot of us odd people on Ish - we make loads of jam so buy loads of sugar. Ummmm and cakes too! :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Susie

Yes, I'm odd too - I was there with my 2kg bag of white sugar the other day, making marmalade. (And it's very nice).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

thank heaven for Milymollymander and Susie, I was just going to keep my head down :oops:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

greenorelse

Millymollymandy wrote:There's a lot of us odd people on Ish - we make loads of jam so buy loads of sugar. Ummmm and cakes too! :iconbiggrin:
Susie wrote:Yes, I'm odd too - I was there with my 2kg bag of white sugar the other day, making marmalade. (And it's very nice).
I apologise, I really do :oops: - it slipped my mind about the plum jam I made in September. That was the last time I bought sugar: organic, a kind of pale brown granulated that a local shop buys in bulk.

I don't really 'do' cakes though - give me savoury just about any time (we've lots of the jam left...)

Lillia
Tom Good
Tom Good

Green Aura wrote:When I think of Switzerland (which, granted, is rare,) I always think of Heidi and Grandfather nursing the other one back to health with full fat milk, butter and cheese - all from the pasture-fed cow.

I wonder if they really eat like that? :dontknow:

By the way, I've read the title of this as Fart Chart more than once this morning :roll:
:lol: