Discrediting very real isues with S***e

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Discrediting very real isues with S***e

This thread made me go searching for an advert I recorded years ago which was the opposite of the one which aggravated Trinder! Wish I could find the memory stick to share it... :oops: But...it was a man taking a child shopping in a supermarket, fairly realistic..child putting stuff in the trolley, dad taking it out, child having a huge tantrum in the aisle laying on the floor kicking and screaming with dad and passers by watching in horror. All went silent then the picture zoomed in on the dads face and the name of a condom manufacturer came up on the screen. Now that was a good ad!
Also love the barrocca one!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

magicguitarman
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 55.8528
longitude: -4.2671

gregorach wrote:I hate pretty much all advertising...
I am sometimes amused by a funny one.

Other than that, I hate it all too!
I view the world vicariously through comedy. Don't take me seriously.

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

oldjerry wrote:
Lost-in-the-Day wrote:
Also the Simpsons. I can not believe that I used to want to watch that when I was younger! I saw part of an episode the other day and that program basically teaches children that it is ok and normal for father figures to be lazy, irresponsible, over-indulgent and just plain stupid while the rest of the family, especially the mother, pander to his idiocy and make no effort at all to live better lives or encourage their son at school, teach him better behaviour, let their kids run riot and actively make fun of any activity that could be considered good or healthy ie: joining boy scouts, eating more vegetables etc. I hate that that show is viewed as great by so many yet a genuinely good show like Tom&Jerry (and Firefly for adults) are banned because they send out the "wrong message" to the audience. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Top Stuff, I love irony.
:thumbright:

Since when has Tom and Jerry been banned?
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

boboff

I beleive it's not considered PC due to the Black woman whose legs you only ever see.

Simpsons are great, what the goodness are you going on about?
1. It's a cartoon and not real.
2. They are a family who love and care for each other, share problems, and the Dad works!
3. It's funny
4. As a satirical show it reflects the population of America, higtening traits to create comedy, and to poke redicule.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

oldjerry

100 %......My 6 year old realises that the Simpsons is actually poking fun at that way of living. Apart from that,it's well written and bloody funny.

gregorach

boboff wrote:I beleive it's not considered PC due to the Black woman whose legs you only ever see.
I don't think so... But a number of scenes have been cut because of smoking: http://www.scotsman.com/news/smoking-ba ... -1-1131978
Cheers

Dunc

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Interesting how this thread had stagnated then moved. Funny really that it now reflects what we hate "censorship" and what we want " freedom "
I'm glad , it has made me re think . Perhaps it was patronising in the first place to think that anyone would be mislead or indeed guided by an advert. excluding those who might be foolish enough to follow a " good and worthy cause" without fully researching it.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ok, I know this thread isn't about the ad you hate the most BUT this one used to drive me mad! It couldn't come on the telly without me turrning over/off, leaving the room or shouting "YOU UNGRATEFUL B*T*H!!!" at the TV....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft-RvOAeRe8

What were they thinking? "This product will appeal to lazy sneering women"???

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am yet again incensed/ outrage.
There was a very serious, scientific experiment undertaken, concerning children and their ability to comprehend delayed gratification. It had far reaching implications about children and learning.
OMG I have just seen ( sorry I was watching a sky living programme so I really do not understand when this was recorded) but Haribo are using this to advertise how kids cannot resist their products. How Bloody obscene.
Made worse by the fact that my original post was- I am advised by said same Haribo.....
They have people working for them so low as to stoop to this.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

i like the advert with the roller skating babies.
and those dancing tranformer car adverts.

have you seen that advert with the kid in the supermarket with his mum and he starts to have a tantrum because he wants something, then the mum throws herself on the floor and has a tantrum instead and the wee boy is just looking at her in disbilefe. cant remember what its for.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

battybird wrote:This thread made me go searching for an advert I recorded years ago which was the opposite of the one which aggravated Trinder! Wish I could find the memory stick to share it... :oops: But...it was a man taking a child shopping in a supermarket, fairly realistic..child putting stuff in the trolley, dad taking it out, child having a huge tantrum in the aisle laying on the floor kicking and screaming with dad and passers by watching in horror. All went silent then the picture zoomed in on the dads face and the name of a condom manufacturer came up on the screen. Now that was a good ad!
Hehehehe, this sounds great!!

demi

Pumpkin&Piglet wrote:
battybird wrote:This thread made me go searching for an advert I recorded years ago which was the opposite of the one which aggravated Trinder! Wish I could find the memory stick to share it... :oops: But...it was a man taking a child shopping in a supermarket, fairly realistic..child putting stuff in the trolley, dad taking it out, child having a huge tantrum in the aisle laying on the floor kicking and screaming with dad and passers by watching in horror. All went silent then the picture zoomed in on the dads face and the name of a condom manufacturer came up on the screen. Now that was a good ad!
Hehehehe, this sounds great!!

when we were living in greece when i was pregnant there was this t-shirt printing shop in the center and i allways wanted to go and get a t-shirt printed that said 'should of used a condom' for me to ware walking arround the town with my big pregnant belly :lol: and one for my husband to ware when hes with me too. never did it though, we thought if our kids see pictures of us like that it would seem like we never wanted them, which wasnt the case but we didnt want to risk them having a complex about it. would of been funny though :lol:

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

I love the T shirt slogan.."I Beat Anarexia" on me it would be very funny!

* I do know it's not a laughing matter, and very serious condition etc etc
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

demi

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

While on the subject of tee shirts when we were in San Francisco some years ago, some guy was wearing a tee shirt with a picture of George bush and a very shapely curvy cartoon woman with specific "body hair" the slogan read "good bush bad bush" Now that made me giggle.