Tinfoil Thief!

Another section by popular demand. If you want to talk about anything else that grows that is not livestock, herbs, fruit or vegetables here it goes.
baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Tinfoil Thief!

Maybe they are collecting it for a Blue Peter appeal?
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

What lovely innocent replies. When I lived in ELEPHANT AND CASTLE, South lOndon, the crack-heads ect would buy kit-kats 'cos they were wrapped in foil. :shock: Then sit on the stairss outside my flat and when I would ask what they were up to they would say thing like 'I'm wanting for me mother!!'

So you never know- thro a lovely wood pigeon- who would think it......

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.95
longitude: 8.95

sammyh wrote:What lovely innocent replies. When I lived in ELEPHANT AND CASTLE, South lOndon, the crack-heads ect would buy kit-kats 'cos they were wrapped in foil. :shock: Then sit on the stairss outside my flat and when I would ask what they were up to they would say thing like 'I'm wanting for me mother!!'

So you never know- thro a lovely wood pigeon- who would think it......

Yeh....like when I bought my cottage in Mayo a local lady told me of the great nights they had there with the previous owner ' having the craic (crack)' . Different world!
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

Oh bless that says it all !! I'm such an innocent really it was my far more street wise partner who had to inform me about what was really going on- couldnt understand why there were so many sometimes uneaten kit kats discarded round the place. Charming.

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life

Something very odd is going on :scratch: I put some wild bird food out on the flatroof where the rice and tinfoil had been. This time I poured the seed straight onto the felt and over the past two days have seen various birds and a rat munching on it. This morning I looked out of the bed room window and noticed a lot of pieces of tinfoil on the ground about two metres below the roof! The tinfoil is in bits ranging from about the size of a 10p to about 5" x 2" I stopped counting at 32 separate pieces. It was all spread over an area of less than a square metre. This is a small enclosed courtyard. Where has it come from? Is it the original tinfoil being returned? Havent examined all the pieces but one was perforated with lots of little holes. Where's it come from?
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

You see, all you bad minded people thinking they were stealing. They had only borrowed it ! and more to the point, having just returned from Rome- whilst the Rome road marathon was on, I saw people using tinfoil ( I don,t fully understand the need for that sort of batman cape :dontknow:) more to the point the poor birds were taking part in a charity raising event. I bet you all feel bad now.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life

trinder wrote:You see, all you bad minded people thinking they were stealing. They had only borrowed it ! and more to the point, having just returned from Rome- whilst the Rome road marathon was on, I saw people using tinfoil ( I don,t fully understand the need for that sort of batman cape :dontknow:) more to the point the poor birds were taking part in a charity raising event. I bet you all feel bad now.
Feel like setting up a hidden camera to see what's going on! Maybe it was a convention of drug users? Sure I would have noticed :scratch:

Hope you had a nice holiday!

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Fantastic thanks Bill. But at least you don't get to be bored s*****less by the photos. I will add that this trip included 2 days in Pisa 3 days in Florence ( why do they spell that funny) ! and 3 in Rome. My OH being a Scot wanted to include the rugby . Oh boy - was that a non event phss.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life

Solved the mystery! It wasn't birds with guilty consciences returning the pilfered tinfoil on a no questions asked basis, it was a badger who removed the tinfoil from a neighbour's bin. It had been used to cook a leg of lamb in and was coated in fat. The badger was seen carrying it about and last seen climbing my fence. Obviously then spent some time tearing it up. I found the main bit behind some pots. This must be the same badger that regularly breaks my fence, knock pots over and stuck his head through the cat flap. Neighbour says it looks like a young male on his own.

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Wow, that's amazing. I once found a single flip-flop in my garden, followed the following night by its partner. A few days later my neighbour mentioned that she'd left them outside her back door and they'd disappeared. We could only assume it was the foxes.

Zoe