PM has lost it

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PM has lost it

bill1953 wrote:
Gra wrote:Can any one in this country live on £70 minus £25 a week in this country?

No and it's disgraceful for any government to think they can. While the rich govern the poor common sense will never prevail.
So are you suggesting that the poor should govern? Because that will just make them the nouvea riche and all the problems will start over again.

Or...are you suggesting communism? That's never worked anywhere!

I prefer the suggestion for a proper democracy, one where people actually represent you rather than pretend to. My local MP in the UK was the speaker of the house...so he couldn't do anything to help his constituents or vote in the house on their behalf. I wrote to him about the Chicken Out campaign, and got a letter back basically saying 'I'm not allowed to vote, I have to stay neutral in all decisions because I'm a speaker' - What's the point of having him as the MP for the area then?!

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.95
longitude: 8.95

The fact is that the UK is becoming more like the USA where only the wealthy can get into power. The UK cabinet is full of millionaires. Labour is no better. How are millionaires going to care about people who have to live on benefits? They come from another world. Contrary to popular belief the majority of people who are on benefits do not chose that way of life but they have no way of getting away from it. I am lucky to have a career. It brings me into daily contact with people who have to exist on meagre sums of money. Very few of them have any faith in government no matter what party. All they know is things will never be better for them while the rich rule.
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

Paul_C
Tom Good
Tom Good

the.fee.fairy wrote:
So are you suggesting that the poor should govern? Because that will just make them the nouvea riche and all the problems will start over again.

I prefer the suggestion for a proper democracy, one where people actually represent you rather than pretend to. My local MP in the UK was the speaker of the house...so he couldn't do anything to help his constituents or vote in the house on their behalf. I wrote to him about the Chicken Out campaign, and got a letter back basically saying 'I'm not allowed to vote, I have to stay neutral in all decisions because I'm a speaker' - What's the point of having him as the MP for the area then?!

you mean like cuba, which has one of the best education and medical establishments in the world and still owns its own central bank. :roll:

the failing in communism, which was actualy implimented well then destroyed by stalin and his rampant paranoia and his cabal of mates who were so afraid of the west they entered into an arms race. not the best way to be running a country.

Paul_C
Tom Good
Tom Good

the.fee.fairy wrote:

you mean like cuba, which has one of the best education and medical establishments in the world and still owns its own central bank. :roll:

the failing in communism, which was actualy implimented well then destroyed by stalin and his rampant paranoia and his cabal of mates who were so afraid of the west they entered into an arms race. not the best way to be running a country.

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Communism...Capitalism.....2 sides of the same coin.....

As the bearded man said 'Government is violence'....

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

i think its idiotic to be paying people not to work, wheres the logic in that? :dontknow:

i think they should make it maditory to do volentry work in order to recieve benifits. if the person cannot find work themselves then they should be given something to do by the job center, picking up rubbish and maintaining the public areas; the parks and high streets ect, whould be a grate use of their time and a benifit to the community instead of leaving them to hang arround on the streets terrorising the local residents. it would, hopfully, teach them some work ethic and be something to put on their CV futher improving their chances of getting a payed job.

i think the problem with the youth in question in the UK ( and their familys ) is that they no longer have any fear of athaurity. the police ( and school teachers ) nare no longer allowed to beat the crap out of you and because of this these people dont care if they get arrested and put in jail for the week end. and if they get a few months at least they are getting all their food, board and drugs handed to them on a plate. you know they get TV'S in their cells and everythihng!!!!! their all in there together, like minded people aka total moronic wastes of oxygen. its not punnishment for them, its a holiday. they have no fear of it so there is nothing to discourage them for commiting crimes.

in yugoslavia the police would, and still do, beat you to within an inch of your life. there is very low crime levels here. people are afraid of the police. iv been told that before, if you dropped your wallet in the street you could come back a few days later and it would still be there. no one would touch it for fear of being accused stealing it.
same goes in schools, all the childeren are well bahaved. my husband said his teacher used to hit the kids with the text book if they got the answer wrong :shock: iv been ashured they are no longer supposed to do this, but the kids have respect for the teachers and are gererally very well mannered. we live right next to a school here and i have never see the kids fighting with each other. at my high school there were fights every day. my husband had never seen girls fighting until he was in greece and there was loads of brittish and american tourists who were allways getting drunk and fighting with each other.

also here you dont see loud drunk people on the streets throwing up, trying to start fights, loosing their shoes and passing out in the gutters. i dont even know what the legal drinking age is, maybe there isnt one, but there are no drunk teenagers hanging arround outside shops terrorising people.

haha! thanx god i left :lol: good riddence, you can keep them :wave:

also theres no binifits here, people out of work relay on their familys to support them. everyone have a very strong work ethic. every morning you see a whole load of men standing in the square in the center looking for manual work. if you need someone to help you do something you just go a pick somone up from the square to work for you. thats what the out of work youth should be doing instead of being payed to do nothing.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Susie

demi wrote: i think the problem with the youth in question in the UK ( and their familys ) is that they no longer have any fear of athaurity. the police ( and school teachers ) nare no longer allowed to beat the crap out of you and because of this these people dont care if they get arrested and put in jail for the week end. and if they get a few months at least they are getting all their food, board and drugs handed to them on a plate. you know they get TV'S in their cells and everythihng!!!!! their all in there together, like minded people aka total moronic wastes of oxygen. its not punnishment for them, its a holiday. they have no fear of it so there is nothing to discourage them for commiting crimes.
If police being able to beat the crap out of you makes for a better society, I'm assuming you'd be quite ok with them beating the crap out of you, too, if they felt like it.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

demi

Susie wrote:
demi wrote: i think the problem with the youth in question in the UK ( and their familys ) is that they no longer have any fear of athaurity. the police ( and school teachers ) nare no longer allowed to beat the crap out of you and because of this these people dont care if they get arrested and put in jail for the week end. and if they get a few months at least they are getting all their food, board and drugs handed to them on a plate. you know they get TV'S in their cells and everythihng!!!!! their all in there together, like minded people aka total moronic wastes of oxygen. its not punnishment for them, its a holiday. they have no fear of it so there is nothing to discourage them for commiting crimes.
If police being able to beat the crap out of you makes for a better society, I'm assuming you'd be quite ok with them beating the crap out of you, too, if they felt like it.

they would never beat the crap out of me, im not a criminal :roll: :lol: no, seriously, im not.

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

demi

it add to my origional point, in order to get out of work benifits, job seekers ect, you should either have to do volenteer work or do a collage course, or both. simples. then at least they are getting payed to do something, and it should benifit the indevidual by providing education and work experiance needed to get a job.

its either that or we just send all the yobs to an island somwhere and leave them to fend for themsleves :wave: :lol:

Susie

demi wrote: they would never beat the crap out of me, im not a criminal :roll: :lol: no, seriously, im not.
That wasn't really the point I was making, was it? (And presumably the people who make society better by being beaten up haven't actually been convicted of anything either).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

gregorach

demi wrote:they would never beat the crap out of me, im not a criminal :roll: :lol: no, seriously, im not.
Oh yeah, that's what they all say. [THWACK!] Now, are you sure you're not a criminal? [THWACK!] See, now you've gone and broken my truncheon. That's damaging police property, that is. You're nicked.

I can only assume that you've never had any dealings at all with the police, and that you're completely clueless. Give the police that sort of unlimited power, and pretty soon you'll find that they see everyone as a criminal - yes, you too.
demi wrote:its either that or we just send all the yobs to an island somwhere and leave them to fend for themsleves :wave: :lol:
You first. What's that? You claim you're not a "yob"? Well, it's not up to yobs like you to decide, is it?

Seriously, that road leads to the gas chambers, and it's paved with good intentions all the way.
Cheers

Dunc

demi

i steer well clear of anti-social behaviour and i never do anything to draw attention to myself.
there may be some laws that i brake on occation ( laws which should be done away with ) but i never do anything to harm anyone or anything else. im a pasafist. i dont even drink alcohol! although i did used to drink loads of buckfast when i was younger but even when i was steamin' on buckie i never caused any trouble to society, only to myself :oops:
i have been stopped in the park by the police before but due to my lovley nature :roll: i have never been enterrageted or searched or anything. one policeman actually said to me ' we dont need to search you, you look like a nice law abiding citizen' haha! little did he know :roll:
anyway, my point being that i dont cause trouble and its not people like me the police should have to worry about.

maybe they only need to beat people as part of the punnishment after sentencing. "100 lashes a day for 3 months should suffice" says the judge :lol:
instead of police brutality accross the board. of course it would have to be regulated, everything being recorded on video along with impartial witnesses so that the lasher doent go mad with power and over step his mark.
or maybe they should use electric shock punnishment :lol:

whatever man, im out of there, you can keep them and decide what to do with them while im chilling out on the beach in the sun far, far away from all the neds/yobs who will be stuck forever on benifits, or not, in the cold,rainy uk with all the other moronic criminals ( i am aware your currently having a heat wave :lol: ) ! :sunny: :wave:

Susie

demi wrote:im a pasafist.
I can absolutely assure you that you're not.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

happyhippy

Demi,not sure where you were residing in the UK when you were here,but I can assure you the whole of the UK is not running wild with yobs.Yes we have our problems in some places,but for the most part,the UK is a great place to live.I lived in another country for 30 years and the grass is'nt always greener on the other side!

happyhippy

Demi,not sure where you were residing in the UK when you were here,but I can assure you the whole of the UK is not running wild with yobs.Yes we have our problems in some places,but for the most part,the UK is a great place to live.I lived in another country for 30 years and the grass is'nt always greener on the other side!