Chocolate makes you thinner

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Chocolate makes you thinner

OK maybe not exactly but near enough:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17511011

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Chocolate makes you thinner

:cheers:

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've got to wonder why they never include galaxy in the stuff thats good for you, :shock: the amount of that I eat, I should be a mere slip of a thing :lol:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a fine example of how the media distorts the truth to make headlines!

"It found those who ate chocolate a few times a week were, on average, slimmer than those who ate it occasionally."

slimmer yes, but it doesnt say how slim, they could still all be overweight. and seeing as the study was done in america, the obisity capital of the world, it is extreamly likely that the majority of the people in the study, maybe even all of them, are at the least overweight and at the most morbidly obease.

just another one of the media's shocking headlines up there with " facebook causes cancer" and " MMR causes autism" .
yes " chocolate makes you thin!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

meh. If you ask me, the whole weight system needs overhauling anyway. If I weighed what i should weigh, i'd look like a walking skeleton.

The English Rugby Team are all 'obese' by the BMI standard.

The whole BMI thing needs to be scrapped and body fat percentage looked at instead. Would you say that the rugby team are overweight? I wouldn't, I'd say they have a large muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat, but the BMI system doesn't take this into account.

It reckons that I should weight about 9st. I'm nowhere near 9st, but if i was, i'd look ridiculously thin. I'd rather be about 12st (got to work on that :) ) and look healthy than fit in with some chart and look ill.

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

the.fee.fairy wrote:meh. If you ask me, the whole weight system needs overhauling anyway. If I weighed what i should weigh, i'd look like a walking skeleton.

The English Rugby Team are all 'obese' by the BMI standard.

The whole BMI thing needs to be scrapped and body fat percentage looked at instead. Would you say that the rugby team are overweight? I wouldn't, I'd say they have a large muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat, but the BMI system doesn't take this into account.

It reckons that I should weight about 9st. I'm nowhere near 9st, but if i was, i'd look ridiculously thin. I'd rather be about 12st (got to work on that :) ) and look healthy than fit in with some chart and look ill.
I totally agree with you, many years ago I went down to what my weight supposedly should be on the advice of my consultant, not only did I look appalling, I felt very lethargic and lazy something I have never been before or since, my hair looked lank and dreadful and my skin not much better. At the risk of being accused of being simplistic I am a firm believer that if I eat everything in moderation and use common sense that my body finds the weight at which it is happy and healthy, this is what I believe it has done and I am just over a stone heavier than 'my ideal weight'. Have stuck there now for 14 years and never been better :sunny:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.